anyone have numberic or spline patch plug-ins?

cagey5

Cow Orker
Check your e-mil. I've included a couple of other plug-ins that I found helpful when I had Inspire, which you may or may not have. - And also partly because I couln't remember which was the spline patcher so I've included more in the hope I caught it :) Let me know if you have any problems.

fig

outstanding, thanks a bunch. i can't check that e-mail account from here but i'll do it when i get home.

i am using inspire, i used LW some in the past but sold it off a while ago, then recently got the bug to do some 3D again and bought my friend's copy of inspire. i'm already missing some tools that are frustrating me a bit tho (knife for example) so i may end up investing in a seat of LW 5.6 (which is what i had before) or something similar in the near future.

have you upgraded to 7.5 or are using an older version? pretty easy to make the switch? thanks.

chris
http://www.tangentoriented.com/

cagey5

Cow Orker
No prob. just hope it's the ones you're after. I upgraded to Lightwave 6.0 when Newtek offered a great deal on the upgrade price and 2 days ago I put in for an upgrade to 7.5 with DFX included courtesy of another Newtek offer. Too good to resist.

I'd not booted Inspire up for a long time, but did so to check I still had the plug-ins. What a simple interface that seems now, going back. I'd hate not having knife though and all the other toys. Can't wait to see what's in 8.0. And yes I think the switch was pretty easy. It just meant a few more menus to play with and generally easier ways of doing things because you had access to all the tools they'd cut from 5.6 to produce Inspire in the first place.

Keith

fig

got em, EXACTLY what i needed, thanks a bunch. now i just need to figure out exactly what all the spline tools do :)

it does seem really simple as i look at it and i'm remembering some other shortcomings i had issues with (like the lack of some lighting options such as turning off spec highlights if i remember correctly). we'll see how it goes...

chris
http://www.tangentoriented.com/

Top Bottom