Any recent info/rumors on LW 2021/22 ?

yeah, memories.

i tossed it all, basically. just a hand-full left. took days.

OldmanCampfire.gif

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
Hehe, it's alright. I think pretty much everyone on here knows that I am a lifelong collector/borderline hoarder of lots of things and will take any opportunity to post examples from my collection :)

For example, these are a couple of bookshelves in my back bedroom. There's a fair amount of LW books and such on there...to bring things back on topic :)View attachment 151310
WOW!

And I thought I was mad for LightWave.

I bow to your awesomeness.🙇‍♂️

Rayek

yeah, memories.

i tossed it all, basically. just a hand-full left. took days.

View attachment 151312
Yup, most of the old computer books I either sold, gave away, or donated to the thrift store. I had an entire library of LightWave books (I recognize the Creature book in that photo) and other 3d software related books. When we moved to Vancouver, I trashed 10 meters length (worth) of computer magazines that I had collected since the 80s.

I do still have digital editions for nostalgia's sake, which at least do not take up any physical space.
Which reminds me that I have tons of 3D World magazines that I still want to donate or throw away. (The mind boggles at the mountain of money that I spent on those magazines and books... But I did learn a lot from them :) )

Now I only purchase books that in some manner have a tremendously powerful physical presence. Otherwise I get the digital version and read it on my ebook reader. I love my ebook reader.

Can't take it all with you to the grave, right? And I certainly don't want to burden friends or family with clearing out a hoard of junk when I leave this world.

I do still have digital editions for nostalgia's sake, which at least do not take up any physical space.
here too, think i still got some GBytes.

had quite a few here... perhaps 30?... but eventually found i had everything in other forms on my PC.
shame... but, you know, space.

i hope to get a decent Hardware Amiga Emulator one day, just for the heck uw it.

prometheus

REBORN
Hehe, it's alright. I think pretty much everyone on here knows that I am a lifelong collector/borderline hoarder of lots of things and will take any opportunity to post examples from my collection :)

For example, these are a couple of bookshelves in my back bedroom. There's a fair amount of LW books and such on there...to bring things back on topic :)View attachment 151310

I only got Inside Lightwave 7 and 8

And I will leave this world now as well, it just takes a boring show now after I jump in to the bed within a few minutes, then of to dreamland to be where ever I want, if I am lucky with lucid dreaming sort of :)

Goodnight over here, prometheus signing off, it´s 2:32 early morning.

quakebox

Yes some are in denial and I know deep down that LW is fading I use Maya for everything but I keep LightWave installed maybe I need it for something.

To be honest LightWave is not worth the investment anymore the tools are not on par with Maya not the modeling or the rigging. it can help a generalist 3D artist create interesting stuff. But if you aim to really rig and animate my choice goes to Maya or Max.

The main reason is the undo system of Layout is broken and when you open the Dopesheet or the Node Editor Layout slows down. Also Modeler Catmul-Clark algorithm doesn't produce smooth results like Maya or Max.

The whole CG market became boring with Maya as the dominant and Autodesk buying any serious competition, LightWave and modo fading I don't know the future but I will stick with Maya as my main tool who knows what the future holds.
Correction LightWave 2020 fixed layout issues I mentioned here.

Top Bottom