Another LW bug? Critical error

genesis1

There seems to be a bug in graph editor in 2020. Can someone else verify?
Create a box in layout. Go to graph editor, create a noise envelope on the p rotation. Now bake that envelope to key frames. Save the scene and then close Lightwave. A critical error box pops up.
This will also happen if after creating the first baked noise envelope, you go back into graph editor to create another one on another axis.
I can repeat this error over and over, but wanted someone else to verify it in case it's just a bug my side.

I haven't upgraded to 2020 (yet) & I don't do Facebook, so I'm curious:

Does the scene save correctly?

After the crash, can you re-launch LW, load the saved scene and continue working on it? If so, will the exception happen again every time the scene is subsequently saved?

Basically, is the exception just a one time thing that happens when the envelope is initially created?

genesis1

If I save it. It loads fine the next time. That was the work around I had to use. I had to bake an envelope, save scene, reload bake another etc. It also can crash after baking an envelope and running an animation in the timeline. So it was quite annoying to have to keep saving and reloading.

Ma3rk

Curmudgeon in Training
Hmm. Haven't tried this specifically as I still use 2019, but it sounds very similar to some issues with Rebel Hills plugs & tools. 2019 broke some aspects that not all, but for the most part 90%+ could be gotten around by simply saving the scene before & after running another script.

2020, nope. It REALLY broke things.

I've no idea what that means, but it IS a symptom. It's as if things aren't quite getting incorporated at the end of the task for lack of a better description.

genesis1

Yes, unfortunately as much as I like 2020, we are left with buggy software to work with, and it looks as if we won't have any major bug fixes anymore sadly.

raymondtrace

Founding member
Now that you've confirmed with other users, be sure to report the issue through your account at lightwave3d.com

It may be futile, but it will remind NewTek that LW customers still exist.

genesis1

Now that you've confirmed with other users, be sure to report the issue through your account at lightwave3d.com

It may be futile, but it will remind NewTek that LW customers still exist.
I don't think there is any point. I've sent bug reports 3 times before earlier in the year and no response. There's no one left addressing bugs for LW anymore, they've all gone.

raymondtrace

Founding member
Technically, not all are gone. I'm limiting myself to the end of this year before I give up on sending bug reports.

Top Bottom