Animation that never made it!!

lardbros

Not so newbie member
Hey everyone, i tried entering this but struck an interesting bug so my scene would no longer load without layout crashing. GREAT. But here was my idea:

Lightwave cookie, on a desk... brain hops in, eats it, and then explodes everywhere in nice splatting effect, with Dynamics helping out. (Theme i was going for was "Blow your Mind")

Here is as far as I got with it though, think the crashing was down to the displacement on my cookie, but it didn't do it in an earlier beta! :(

Modelled the brain and everything... took bloody ages for me to do that, quite a tricky piece of organic modelling!

Attachments

• Shot1_Scene1_0001.jpg
    Shot1_Scene1_0001.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 1,723
Last edited:

lardbros

Not so newbie member
:) Cheers Ztreem

Here's the brain too. Shame my lightwave just didn't like what i was doing... would probably have just missed the deadline anyway. My render times were going up and up for each frame. Started off rendering in a minute a frame, and towards the middle was 45minutes. Weird.

Attachments

• Brain_v001.jpg
    Brain_v001.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 990

Tippsy

LOVE THAT COOKIE!!!!! The brain is also really well done but I really really like that cookie!! mmmmmmmmm cookies.......

thats amazing...

...or maybe not that amazing. My short for competition is about exploding cookie. Different kind, but it's still quite close :). I was sure it will be original :)

H_Molla

Hey everyone, i tried entering this but struck an interesting bug so my scene would no longer load without layout crashing. GREAT. But here was my idea:

Lightwave cookie, on a desk... brain hops in, eats it, and then explodes everywhere in nice splatting effect, with Dynamics helping out. (Theme i was going for was "Blow your Mind")

Here is as far as I got with it though, think the crashing was down to the displacement on my cookie, but it didn't do it in an earlier beta! :(

Modelled the brain and everything... took bloody ages for me to do that, quite a tricky piece of organic modelling!

can u share the cooke scene?? especially the texturing ?? is it node based ?? i guess you did node displacement ??

lardbros

Not so newbie member
can u share the cooke scene?? especially the texturing ?? is it node based ?? i guess you did node displacement ??

Yeah, no probs at all. It is all nodal displacement, well, mostly anyway.

The scene is probably a bit of a mess, but i'll gather it all up into a zip file.

Attachments

• LWCookie.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 541
Top Bottom