Alpine Train Scene

prometheus

REBORN
perhaps somewhere between the first images and this last in terms of fog addition, it´s difficult...what I miss in the mountains is some amount of GI bounces.
Perhaps you don´t have that on in terragen, or some environmental light, I think it would need some bouncing in the sunlit area at least.

As for the characters, and front environment, do you have an GI illumination active at all?
If you are using environment light, I would probably increase that intensity to light up the figures on the right, I think that´s where the most issues are for having believable figures in the "right" lighting, still too dark with such amount of light scattering in the sky, it should illuminate the figures much more where for instance the lady in blue and the side of here is very dark.

adrian

Audere-Est-Facere
Yep I do have an environment light. I've lightened the people on the right hand side a bit (i see now they were too dark) although the lady nearest the camera is still dark in the leg area.

As for Terragen my GI settings are set to "2" for GI cache detail and GI sample quality and for GI surface details, the Occlusion and Bounce To The Ounce settings are set to 1, Radius is set to 24. To be honest I don't remember playing around with these settings so maybe they were the default? The render settings are set for 0.8 for Micropoly detail and 7 for Antialiasing.

StillFrame.jpg

Yep I do have an environment light. I've lightened the people on the right hand side a bit (i see now they were too dark) although the lady nearest the camera is still dark in the leg area.

Which environment do you use?
You could simply render a spherical pano in Terragen and save it as an exr to illuminate your scene in Lightwave. Then both light moods fit together. Now you have sunshine on the mountains and on the hill and in the city it’s cloudy (which may be, but here it doesn’t quite fit together).

ciao
Thomas

Planeguy

Looks great mate! Add some LUTs in post, and this would look movie quality. I might suggest, as others have already, to add some fog on the lower part of the mountains.

Top Bottom