a tidbit of info about Inspire 3D (new version)

TheCurious

Out of sheer curiousity, I contacted the west coast sales dude in regards to the new version of inspire, he in turn, put me intouch with someone in marketing. Here's the whole of the response(s):

"Ronald,

The Inspire beta program has been delayed. We are working on an even newer version that will allow us to include some of the newer technology currently being added to LightWave. When Inspire does enter the beta program, anyone who signed up will be notified.

Thanx.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kurtis Harris - NewTek 3D Marketing
http://www.lightwave3d.com
-------------------------------------------------------
This email needs more cowbell.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: inspire 3d

My name is Ronald Brady, and awhile back I signed up to be a beta tester for the new Inspire 3D. I haven't received any notice about it since the initial automated reponse sent out upon signup. I was just wondering if the project had been scrapped or not. Any info you can provide would be awesome. Thank You."

I hope this helps in some way :)

Snosrap

I was wondering about this myself. It just makes sense to add the newer tech of LW9 to Inspire. I got started with LW with Inspire, it was a good deal for just getting into. Now with the new lower price of LW, Inspire should be a really good deal. I think I heard a retail price of $195.95.

Snos

TheCurious

I'm really looking forward to this, I'm a student, so I don't have much money. I'm a freelancer in Sacramento, so I'm not generating alot of revenue. We Use Max and Maya at school... Both are way too expensive and I don't like maya except for paint effects. I have long been facinated by LW and I hear inspire is a great gateway drug to lightwave. Newtek has some very talented Devs and I can't wait to they've done with inspire.

Sorry if the post feels scatttered, I had a very long day.

Snosrap

Why mess with Inspire when you can have LW for the same price. You mention that you are a student, that allows you to get a complete seat of LW for next to nothing. The only stipulation is that you can not use it to make money. There are many academic stores on the internet, here's a sample.

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=712494

Snos

Amleto Squakker

Hi , I am a student too, I ask for this and they answer me that with the student licence , I cannot pubblish nothing over the internet.
Since I am an hobbist but I want to make cartoons , personal galleries etc , I declined.
I am interest to Inspire too

TheCurious

the legalities of that one stipulation is my problem. It is pretty much why I haven't bought an educational seat.

Snosrap

Well fortunately LW recently had a price drop to $795. With that recent price drop anyone looking to sell a used copy can no longer get a premium for it. Here is what I would do as a student. Buy a student license ($195), learn all you can and then when it's time to make a few dollars upgrade to the full license at $395. If I did my math correct that's a total of $590. That's a savings of $205 off the original full seat.

Cheers Snos

Top Bottom