9.3 no shockwave?

Yarg

Game Developer
Just downloaded the 9.3 UB version and there's no shockwave exporter! Anybody know how to setup the pluggins on the new Mac version? No help just a new build and a very different directory structure. Does the old exporter still work with 9.3?

Thanks

Yarg

Game Developer
Ok spoke to soon - folder is SharedSupport and the the pluggins have a different format.

Great.

No S3D on mac intel!

Hope this is updated soon Newtek!!

gordonbaty

Yeah unfortunately the Mac Intel version is useless right now if you regularly use plugins. I didn't realise that affects the S3D exporter too, wow that's crappy.

I guess we just have to wait for the non-core stuff to catch up eventually.

Yarg

Game Developer
Well it's core for me ;-) If Newtek don't update the exporter for Mac then I shall go look else where for a 3D app that does.

Wonder if anybody at Newtek actually read the shockwave forum?

laters

gordonbaty

I understand how you feel, it's a little frustrating waiting for developers to catch up. That said, I'm running the non-Intel version on my intel mac and it works fine, and I rarely am dissapointed with the speed. You can have both versions installed, which might also be worth considering.

Considering this is a shockwave forum, I assume your copy of Director isn't intel native either.

Yarg

Game Developer
I'm having to run both Director and LW in XP on my mac Pro till they become native. Works fine but I didn't buy a mac pro to run xp. Director gets updated in the next month or so (supposed to anyway). Director is just too slow to use under mac os at present.

At the moment I have gone back to LW 8 on windows. So much for progress. I'm going back in time!

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Blame Adobe. There is no UB version of their Shockwave SDK (nor is there a windows 64bit version for that matter).
You won't find any UB app that exports Shockwave 3D.

Cheers,
Mike

Top Bottom