8 Inputs on screen with background simultaneously?

Is it possible to put 8 Inputs on screen simultaneously - of course with a background (resulting in 8 pips + a video background)
as well as placing Titles for each pip?

The idea is that we are using 8 Webcams to display 8 different cities. then on command, one of the cities would come forward and the others would fade out and back.
we want to put the names of the cities underneath each pip.

at first I was thinking of using an M/E, but of course the M/Es only have 4 layers, which means I'd have to stack 2 M/Es on top, but the problem is, that the M/Es don't have a transparent background AND I would not be able to make each city come forward if they are in separate M/Es.

I'm using a TriCaster ELITE 2.

thank you!

Mr How

So... spitballing here.

ME1- Layer A/B/C and Keys 1-4 are your first 7 cities. Layer D is not resized and set to Green Field 709

ME2- Set your A layer as your video background. Key 1 is ME1, key out the Green. Key 2 is your 8th city. Key three is your city titles.

Then using Comps, you turn on Key 4 with with City 1's resized Position/Zoom/Crop and have it go full, another Comp to reset it. Rinse and repeat with the other cities.

If you don't want to use Comps, you can just macro which city goes in to Key4 full and fade it on/off.

There may be an easier way to accomplish what you're going for, this is just off the top of my head.

edit: spelling

Last edited:
So... spitballing here.

ME1- Layer A/B/C and Keys 1-4 are your first 7 cities. Layer D is not resized and set to Green Field 709

ME2- Set your A layer as your video background. Key 1 is ME1, key out the Green. Key 2 is your 8th city. Key three is your city titles.

Then using Comps, you turn on Key 4 with with City 1's resized Position/Zoom/Crop and have it go full, another Comp to reset it. Rinse and repeat with the other cities.

If you don't want to use Comps, you can just macro which city goes in to Key4 full and fade it on/off.

There may be an easier way to accomplish what you're going for, this is just off the top of my head.

edit: spelling
hmm I like this, let me give this a try - I kinda decided to use Layer D as a looping Background Video - so no key needsd and then in M/E 2, Im using in Layer A my 8th City and Layer B my M/E1, in M/E2 I set buffer 1 to be my city names.

other question, is there any way to get things to be transparent? the citynames are on a semi transparent plate but I want them to be a bit more faded.

thank you!!

Stream

I once did an eSports tournament where I needed to stream two feeds each with four players per screen over the live feed of their computer screen/game play. I used program for one feed and preview for the other feed. It worked, but having both program and preview live using all 4 M/E's with 4 layers each really bogged things down. The thing I learned from a NewTek Rep, Alex I believe his name was, was to make sure that you have both Ethernet ports plugged in from different switches. After that, worked well.

DLVid

Yes, can absolutely be done. Just use a couple M/Es in 4 layer effect mode plus keys. I recently did a hackathon that used 23 elements for one "shot". It was 3 M/Es and worked great. You need to plan your layers, but it's pretty easy.

Top Bottom