3Play General Workflow Setup

Fire Up Video

We recently purchased a 3play 425 unit, and I am still confused about the overall equipment workflow. If I am switching for a live sporting event, it seems I would need to split the cameras or input sources so one signal goes to a switcher and one goes to the 3play. Then the replay signal out of the 3play into the switcher as another input. Not sure if this makes sense or there is a better way to set this up? How do other people set theirs up?

I have tried setting up for an even simpler show just using the 3play and sending out the switched HDMI output from the 3play into an external screen. I want to continue sending out A, while being able to edit and select different replays on B, but whenever I try to make changes on B, B takes over as the main output. Is there a way around this, or am I missing something?

Below is an image of the workflow I mentioned in the first example:

3play and switcher.jpg

And here is an image of the workflow just using the 3play:

3play only.jpg

Any help is much appreciated!

kanep

NewTek SE
For the first image, you will need SDI DA or an SDI router to send signals to both the TriCaster and 3PLAY systems. While a SDI router might cost a little more, it is much more flexible.

For the second image. SDI 1 and SDI 2 outputs are locked to A and B, but the HDMI output follows the current A/B selection on the control surface. You will need to connect the projector to SDI 1 output if you want it to always be on channel A.

jerald_pierucci

I'm going to piggy back off of this thread. I am new to 3play and have a 425 system. Right now I have my 3play talking to my TC1 through NDI and it works awesome. My question comes with how I set things up for my workflow and the 425. I will be shooting sporting events but the 3play is going to be in our studio. Does the 3play take in NDI inputs? My layout looks like this. (football game) 3 cameras at the field all using sparks. In my studio I have the 3play and TC1. The TC1 will be doing the live stream. The 425 I want to be used for our scoreboard replay and our livestream replay. So the workflow drawing would look like this. The Scoreboard will have a laptop in the pressbox running NDI tools for stream to video board. Is this ok?
Football field Workflow.jpg

Top Bottom