3Play 425 short cut

bbailey

When running a play to Output A and then switching to B, I've noticed that once you punch Clip List, the B event is the last one you used. During a LIVE game it would be nice for the B event to follow the A event. Since you have to select the event on B anyway it seems this should be the norm. I don't believe there is a work around for this.

Therefore, is there a keyboard or CS method that would make the event selection default to the last on the list?

kanep

NewTek SE
The two outputs are independent on the 425 and higher models, what do you in one doesn't affect the other. This allows you to output a playlist on one, while working on something different on the other. The linked playback mode is for transport controls.

bbailey

But, typically, I'm using my 3Play for LIVE football. If I want to play a second angle right after playing the first, I want it to be the same play for both. I don't expect to do this for every play I do because, in high school football there usually isn't time between LIVE plays to run two separate angles without stepping on the beginning of the next LIVE play. So, if it's been several plays since I used a second angle, I realize I have to use the NEXT button to move down to the play I'm on. Problem is, once I'm at the bottom of the screen, it's not immediately evident I'm not on the bottom once I switch to the B CLIP LIST. I was hoping their was a short cut to the bottom or a setting that would automatically set the B CLIP LIST to the event on the A CLIP LIST, or something similar to that operation.

kanep

NewTek SE
I don't have access to a 425 model is see what the operation would be.

On the 440 and higher 3PLAY models, this workflow can be done by holding the SHIFT key on the CS and pressing the matching angle number. It will make the system reset to the start of the clip and start playback from the new angle at the current speed. There is no keypad on the 425CS, so I don't think this feature is available on that model (but I'm also not able to verify).

bbailey

Kane, I think on my new 425, when switching to the CLIP LIST for B and once I've used the NEXT key to cycle down to the correct event, to get to the IN point for the clip to play from it's beginning, I hit stop. This sets up the clip so that, if I want to play it from it's start, I hit play and then transition my 860 to B.

The problem I'm having is...while A plays, I can switch to B, hit CLIP LIST and unlike with the A clip list, it doesn't cue to the start of the event it's on. But it's not on the current event either. Even if I used the A then B events on my last replay, I still have to hit NEXT at least once to cue up the current event. If I forget to hit stop, the event will not be at it's beginning. And sometimes I can't quickly tell which event it's actually on once going to B.

The biggest reason I bought a 425 is to be able to run more than one angle when necessary. My 330 which I was using as a 3-output to my 860, would do it but, once I was on a replay, to move to a different angle I had to recue the event back to it's beginning, switch sources on the 860, then hit play on the 330. This worked but wasn't smooth and I couldn't cue the event for the second angle while the first angle played.

No matter which 3Play, a 425, 440, 4800...it seems there should be a way for B to track the A event so the units could be used in this way.

bbailey

Well, I read that if I switch to the keyboard, I can select the down arrow+alt or alt+page down to get to the last event once i'm on CLIP LIST. My wireless keyboard combines the PAGE DOWN and DOWN ARROW. Works like a charm.

bbailey

I'd forgotten I'd already posted about this but I'm confused. I evidently was working with a previous game and was working in playback mode only. But at the LIVE game, I don't see how to make this dual playback work easily. I was thinking that when marking an in and out point, that point would be good for both A and B outputs. But, if A gets marked and the B has to be marked...just seems very intense for the operator to keep up with. I posted in more detail in the 3Play Community section.

bbailey

Well I figured out how by just playing with it but The fact that B output doesn't stay up with A out put is weird. Even if I constantly move from clip list on A then B and back to LIVE in every case, the B clip doesn't stay up with the A clip.

Top Bottom