2020.0.2 Catalina crashes

HimAnIkev

I'm using LW 2020.0.2 in Catalina and a couple of things are happening. One, as I'm clicking in the Render Properties/Output options and click to set the Base Filename, I get a standard Open/Save dialog box. If I click on an existing filename, to automatically fill the name in like other mac programs, I get an immediate crash and the program is gone.

Also, after a render, more often than not as I quit LW, I get the spinning wheel and have to force quit to end the program. I have waited an hour to check and see if I'm just impatient...

Sensei

TrueArt Support
On Windows at least in Layout General Preferences there is drop-down list with label "File Dialog", where is couple options.. Do you have the same? If so, try using different file dialog..

Try deleting config files first.

If nothing else will work, you can always manually edit paths in config files and .lws in text editor..

David_CGC

I'm using LW 2020.0.2 in Catalina and a couple of things are happening. One, as I'm clicking in the Render Properties/Output options and click to set the Base Filename, I get a standard Open/Save dialog box. If I click on an existing filename, to automatically fill the name in like other mac programs, I get an immediate crash and the program is gone.
I haven't been getting that specifically, but for the last several versions (back to 2018, I think), Lightwave has been unstable when I tried to use OS features in the OS open/save dialog. Clicking filenames to adopt the name, dragging files from the finder to the dialog box to jump to that location, clicking files and hitting space-bar to open quick view. It doesn't crash Lightwave for me, but it does close the dialog as if I'd clicked "Cancel." And, yes, I did file a bug, some time ago.

Top Bottom