Thread: merge livetext feed into the TXT input

merge livetext feed into the TXT input

can we merge the livetext feed into the TXT input, so when i have iVGA sources and livetext sources, im not scrambling to have to change it in the middle of the stream. because if im using live text... im not going to be using the txt in the tricaster. so give an option in TXT for something like... LiveText and another for Text Editor.

*BUMP

i really need this for the local station i work with, we especially needed this for our last big 51/2 hour stream with the weather team. i want to use BOTH simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by luis
    Can we merge the livetext feed into the TXT input, so when i have iVGA sources and livetext sources, im not scrambling to have to change it in the middle of the stream. because if im using live text... im not going to be using the txt in the tricaster. so give an option in TXT for something like... LiveText and another for Text Editor.
    Luis -
    Welcome to the forums, by the way. Some questions for you:

1. Isn't LiveTEXT *itself* designed to be set up as an iVGA source, and is accessible on the EXT position on the switcher buss?

2. Are you attempting to run LiveTEXT from one networked (via iVGA) computer, and yet, have the display appear inside the TXT channel, *instead* of the EXT channel? Is that it?

3. If not, please explain what you mean by "merging" the LiveTEXT feed "into the TEXT Input".

4. When you say "...and another for Text Editor", are you speaking of the EDIT TEXT module?

I must confess, that I don't fully understand what you're trying to accomplish.
    Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 06-04-2009 at 02:40 PM.

If I read this correctly, among other things you want to be able to pipe in LiveText and another iVGA source simultaneously - unfortunately, this isn't possible. About as close as you'll get is to add the second external computer display as Switcher source via one of the video inputs by using a scan converter.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    If I read this correctly, among other things you want to be able to pipe in LiveText and another iVGA source simultaneously - unfortunately, this isn't possible. About as close as you'll get is to add the second external computer display as Switcher source via one of the video inputs by using a scan converter.
    So if you are running LiveText, you can not use iVGA at the same time? Wow I did not know that.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

You can run it, and you can switch back and forth - but you can't view them both at the same on the Switcher (same situation as VT's VGA module).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Steve's correct. Of course, if that external PC manages to sport an S-Video Output from its graphics resources, you could simply connect *that* to the TriCaster Y/C input instead.

Only remember, after making the physical connection between the PC's S-Video Out, and TriCaster's Y/C input, you may have reboot the Client PC, then complete this setup in Display Settings so as to "Extend the Desktop to..." an additional, second display;

Then also, you may have to get into the Advanced Settings > Monitor option, directing the card to send the extended desktop to "TV" via said S-Video Output).
    Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 06-05-2009 at 12:57 PM.

im not looking to run them both simultaneously but would like to be to not have to choose between them.

i want to use live text to give lowerthirds and the whole nine yards to the tricaster, but i to be able to just hit take all or fade all to an iVGA source. not have to choose between them or do some convoluted quick change in settings.

like in a 5 hour stream i just did, we had livetext going and used a computer for twitter questions. well to go from having lower thirds to getting the iVGA. i had to go into external and quickly change it for the shot. i could care less if you disable putting text overlay when using an external source. but i don't want to have to change settings for the two sources with different purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by luis.ayuso View Post
    im not looking to run them both simultaneously but would like to be to not have to choose between them.
    I expect it is by design that you are forced to choose one or the other. If it were set up as you suggest, what would prevent someone using both TXT (with LT assigned to it) and iVGA simultaneously (which would compromise the features quality and reliability)?

As it is, all network sources are selected in one place - meaning that although you may have quick access to multiple sources, only one is ever actually 'connected' at a time. Assuming the External tab is visible, changing from LT to iVGA takes a single click, which doesn't really seem overly convoluted.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

not entirely convoluted, but annoying to remember to change it when im going from one shot with a super straight to an ivga that isn't filling the screen, so i had to give it flags or wings or whatever you want to call it. and so im having to change more settings on the fly then just one click. either way. i just want to be able to hot punch from a full screen text on livetext to an ivga. without having to change a setting.