Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vT not extending to secondary monitor

vT not extending to secondary monitor

I am running a Gforce FX 5500 and both the primary and secondary resolution is at 1280 X 1064. Vt will only work in the primary monitor. If I drag a window (ie. switcher) to the secondary monitor I have to leave a part of it in the primary monitor or it will vanish once I release the mouse.

All other windows programs (ie. windows explore) will extend to the secondary monitor with out any problems.

Please advise on how I can get VT to do the same.

Michael

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    <i>Both</i> monitors need to be set as primary monitors.

************************************************** **Control Panel

Display Properties

Make sure your monitor is set at 1280X1024 - then

Settings>Advanced>GeForce Tab>

If the drop down is not on the left of the left hand monitor, click on the little green arrow there and the drop down will appear

Display Mode>Horizontal Span - done!
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

I can't find that option under GE Force TAB..

I have no display mode..... PLease help...

Also How can I make both monitors primary on the same card?

I had that same problem when trying to use an ATI card. Since upgrading to an NVidia card, it works great. Maybe you need to use the latest drivers to get the GForce tab?

Once you have that tab, you can have both monitors act like a single display with the horizontal span. Then you'll be able to drag any VT module over to the 2nd monitor.

The horizontal spanning is set up under the nView tab for the Detonator drivers - do not set up spanning using the default Windows method 'cause your TVision monitors won't work...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Special power!"

Andrew G. Morgan ~ CG Gunslinger
    Survivor Films Ltd.
    London, UK
    Click here to email me!

I down loaded the newest drivers and I still do not have a Display Mode option under my GeForce tab.....

All my other programs use both scrrens just fine, it is only V2.

Can you post screen grabs of the windows (hold down alt+print screen to copy a window to the clipboard)?

One of your "Display Properties/Settings" and one of the "GeForce FX" tab would be useful...
    "Special power!"

Andrew G. Morgan ~ CG Gunslinger
    Survivor Films Ltd.
    London, UK
    Click here to email me!

Originally posted by Verizon1422
    All my other programs use both scrrens just fine, it is only V2.
    If all your other programs are using the second monitor, yet you don't have the nView options available, this indicates your other apps are using XP's own dual monitor support, not nVidia's. You have to disable that before the nView options become available.

If the Windows>Display>Settings tab shows two monitors, right-click on the right-hand one and disable it using the menu - it will ghost out. Then click Advanced at the bottom and proceed to set up nVidia's dual monitor support in the usual fashion. (Occasionally you may need to reboot before the nView options are visible after disabling the second Windows monitor.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Amused
    Thanks Steve!

I now have a wonderful widescreen view to work in. The refresh is slower when pulling screens around on the left screen, but I'll take that so the pulldown menus will work on both.

TW

Slow refreshes seem to be an affliction of some systems running the nVidia Desktop Manager - disabling that might make a difference.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Check the Frozen Toast thread for a possible solution.
    Lew

TC User Group
    Verizon... I have had this problem before... on a machine that does not have a Toaster Installed... My Dual Monitors worked until I reinstalled the OS and when I finaly got around to setting up Dual Monitors again the option for Horizontal wasn't there it was greyed out... I played with it for about a week and tried differnt driver revisions as well as diffent video cards... when I was on my last wits end.. i loaded drivers for the equivelant chipset but not the drivers it was asking for... It worked first try around.. I think what happened was the system drivers only activate the dual feature for certain models when using NVidia Referance Drivers.. so experiment with differnt model of drivers for example if your using NVidia try Geforce 4 up to Quadro 4 Drivers and keep reinstalling them till one works... thats how I got that Dual Monitor Feature to pop up... hope this works.. if not reload the OS and start with the Manufacture Drivers NOT the latest drivers from Nvidia...

TC User Group
    Originally posted by Verizon1422
    Also How can I make both monitors primary on the same card?

you can't... one has to be primary and the other is second... thats the way it is..

Amused
    Thanks again Steve!

Disabling the desktop manager did the trick.

TW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast