Thread: 1080i please?

Newbie Member

1080i please?

OK on the tricaster studio which has 6 inputs...that are limited to 480. Can you do something where you only get to use 3 inputs but they will accept 1080i analog componet and do a high quality scale to 480.

In a word, no - sorry. The SD digitizers simply cannot cope with an HD source. (This issue is, of course, going to disappear with the introduction of the XD300 model, which is astonishingly flexible.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by Maxworks View Post
    OK on the tricaster studio which has 6 inputs...that are limited to 480. Can you do something where you only get to use 3 inputs but they will accept 1080i analog componet and do a high quality scale to 480.
    Well, as Steve stated...the hardware in the Tricaster Studio can't handle that...the new hardware for the XD300 will...

But since you have the Tricaster Broadcast now...and are looking for an SD switch solution....I would suggest adding some small converters to each of those HD sources to downconvert to SD and then input those into the Tricaster... There are several manufacturers of those converters.

Then you'll have a solutions now...until you'll need to have an HD Switch solution...then hopefully the XD300 will be shipping by then...

If you are needing an HD switch now...there are several other options...but there are trade offs and price differences.

Cheers,
    Ray Adams
    FX and Production Supervisor

best bet for now is like the broadcast pix, until the XD300 comes out. but then again.... thats a LOT more money. especially changing the cards over to HD... yeah wait a bit.. the XD300 is on its way.

although i wonder if there could be some kind of program to send your tricaster to newtek to get it upgraded internally... so it runs faster and takes better inputs without doing a complete upgrade... like turning a studio into an HD switcher with 6 inputs. of course only of component... and then the broadcast into an HD-SDI switcher....

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    I wonder if there could be some kind of program to send your tricaster to newtek to get it upgraded internally... so it runs faster and takes better inputs without doing a complete upgrade.
    That's not very practical, as the upgrade would involve changing out the motherboard and the processor, and the ram and ...
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

i know,,, but if i could atleast get an HD version of the board, and am out of warrenty.. i would totally do this myself. as the parts are gosh darn cheap these days... of course this is comparing to the price of the new XD300.

When is the XD300 available about to buy and would love to be HD ready

Quote Originally Posted by luis.ayuso View Post
    i know,,, but if i could atleast get an HD version of the board, and am out of warrenty.. i would totally do this myself. as the parts are gosh darn cheap these days... of course this is comparing to the price of the new XD300.
    Hi Luis,

The point is that even the computer system and OS that the old Tricaster is using is different than the XD300, even the connectors are different.

Thus to go with and HD Tricaster...as a turnkey..will require a complete replacement or new XD300....

Now if you are looking to build a system to address this...then that will be like a VT system...NT hasn't announced if they plan to sell an HD VT version.

Which I hope they will at least as for OEM system builders...with some expanded options like VT has... more inputs etc....

So this isn't as simple as you think it is....
    This is a complete replacement of everything to make this work...
    Just like when NT went from the amiga platform to the PC...

This a complete change...

Hope that helps....NT has been good to help it's user base transition thru things like this...so stay tuned..

Cheers
    Ray Adams
    FX and Production Supervisor