Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KILLER BEAN-the movie-1st scene youtube HD

Last edited by cresshead; 05-06-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

That looks cool!
    Never thought a bean, could look so mean!
    MikeS [LWProfile] 30+ Yrs of Award-winning Media DreamLight.com

Drag-and-drop-dead-easy™ ScreamerNet - DLI Constellation
    BOOK - Creating a 3D Animated CGI Short & 3D CGI Short Films & DLI Blog

Jeff Lew is still at it with this? I'd figure he would have been done with the bean idea a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post
    Jeff Lew is still at it with this? I'd figure he would have been done with the bean idea a long time ago.
    i would answer that honestly but i''d get banned
    stee+cat

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

I think it looks pretty cool, and I don't usually like cartoony, cutesy movies.
    But this guy did this whole thing more or less himself, didn't he?
    He seems like an excellent animator, definitely an inspiration for those of us who are teaching ourselves, as opposed to going to a school for it.
    Is he still using Hash Animation Master? I would hope he would have moved on by now, but current information about him seems to be kinda sparse. Most of the stuff I've found about him is in regards to his (ancient) animation course DVD and this Killer Bean movie. I can't find anything saying what tools he uses these days, but I'd find it very hard to believe he used Animation Master to make this movie.
    Last edited by IMI; 05-06-2009 at 04:55 PM.

That was awesomely funny. It was like watching Transporter 2 with beans. lol . Nice job.

I think the only thing I would change is the fact that you're trying to get across that the music is really loud. You should make the bass speaker cones bounce like they should be. I would call it perfect at that.
    Playing guitar is an endless process of running out of fingers.

I have seen the first one years ago, the first version I believe he spent a couple of years making it, & with computers vastly slower than today, its a tremendous effort.

I still watch it every now & then, it very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by IMI View Post
    But this guy did this whole thing more or less himself, didn't he?

I can't find anything saying what tools he uses these days, but I'd find it very hard to believe he used Animation Master to make this movie.
    he used maya for this film...
    done all by himself [cg] and co wrote the music too...he wrote the script also..

financed by himself via his credit card/life savings

he was the guy who was the lead animator on a film you may remember>>THE MATRIX<<

simply can't wait to be able to buy this dvd..

i have his training dvd's also which were done with animation master but are just dandy for any decent 3d animation app also.

stee+cat

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post

he was the guy who was the lead animator on a film you may remember>>THE MATRIX<<

simply can't wait to be able to buy this dvd..
    Yeah, that's right, The Matrix. I remember reading that now.
    I'll definitely buy the DVD too. He definitely deserves the support for pulling off such a huge task on his own.

i want to say that there are some pretty substantial articles in 3D World about him and this project in issues 114, 115, and 116

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    i have his training dvd's also which were done with animation master but are just dandy for any decent 3d animation app also.

I'm going through his free video and is his method pose to pose animation like IKboost? I thought people here commented that pose to pose animation is not good.

Hmmm.... I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the original Killer Bean 2 - seems overscripted and cheesey with bad voices. The animation seems slow and floaty in places. Sure, this one looks technically nicer, but the first version just got on with it much better and the characters had more weight.

Still, I'd like to see how he finishes it. Fair play to the man.
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

I'm going through his free video and is his method pose to pose animation like IKboost? I thought people here commented that pose to pose animation is not good.
    AM does appear to have a part-time IK option like IKBoost, but if you watch the whole video (not just the 34 min promo), you'll see he uses standard full-time IK on the legs, and the same for arms in any scenario where the hands need to be constrained to a target.

It's also worth noting that pose to pose animation is a methodology that is not in any way exclusive to IKBoost. It's a workflow used by most animators, and in the big picture, is pretty much the only practical way to work in any environment where an animator has to get feedback from a director or client.

Eric

Are those baked beans or lightly roasted coffee beans?
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    It certainly one hell of an effort on the mans part... I cant help but say id be more impressed if the animation wasnt so "samey", was less floaty, adn there werent limbs penetrating each other all over the place... but of course, theres only so much u can do if u want to actually have any hope of finishing such a huge project... somethings gotta give somewhere.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast