Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ChipZilla, AMD and Communism...

  1. #1

    ChipZilla, AMD and Communism...

    You probably all aware about EU Commission fight against Intel accusing company of unfair business practices... well it goes on:
    Intel guilty of bullying AMD

    Well I am nowhere close to fight with anti global market activists on G8 meetings, but I do believe that big companies from time to time need some reality check.

    I have 2 Intel machines and one AMD at home, AMD one is just slightly slower but was cheaper even that I went for Dell instead of self build as usual... is Intel another evil company that I will never buy from, I think it is!

    Cheers
    Tomek
    GarageFarm.NET
    The Cheapest Render Farm - 10,000 cores and growing!

    Skype: garage.farm

  2. #2
    Registered User AdamAvenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    778
    Autodesk will eventually buy Intel, AMD and probably Kleenex as well, so in a couple of years it will make no difference

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by seduceandrob View Post
    Autodesk will eventually buy Intel, AMD and probably Kleenex as well, so in a couple of years it will make no difference
    intel are much larger company than the minnow of Auotdesk

    that's like saying Maxon is going to buy Microsoft
    stee+cat
    real name: steve gilbert
    http://www.cresshead.com/

    Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

  4. #4
    And Autodesk besides buying everything is doing not so well.. anyway you missing my point...
    Cheers
    Tomek
    GarageFarm.NET
    The Cheapest Render Farm - 10,000 cores and growing!

    Skype: garage.farm

  5. #5
    Registered User AdamAvenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    intel are much larger company than the minnow of Auotdesk
    exactly. that is what they want you to think yeah, sorry to go off-topic there haha

    edit: okay, so i read the article, and yeah, that sucks. i'm sure things like this happen all too often, but what do they mean about the rebate thing? are they allowing intel to give rebates on their products, but not AMD?
    Last edited by AdamAvenali; 03-11-2009 at 02:15 PM.

  6. #6

    Exclamation Benchmark Results



    Not only cheaper but unlocked (easier to overclock) and FASTER..... my next PC will be AMD.

    Full test here:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/overcl...iew-31487.html
    Last edited by Soth; 03-18-2009 at 12:34 AM.
    Cheers
    Tomek
    GarageFarm.NET
    The Cheapest Render Farm - 10,000 cores and growing!

    Skype: garage.farm

  7. #7
    Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oregon Territory
    Posts
    4,214
    Because of price still being an issue, and generally I'm not a render guy anyway... I usually go with AMD. But overall, now that their Phenom II chips are pretty swank AND still cheap... Yeah, I think I'll keep rolling with AMD.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    I have 2 Intel machines and one AMD at home, AMD one is just slightly slower but was cheaper even that I went for Dell instead of self build as usual... is Intel another evil company that I will never buy from, I think it is!

    Call me when you have a machine running on something produced by "EU commision" - whatever Intel does in one day it most likely more beneficial to us than EU commisioners do during the entire year.

  9. #9
    Like bullying AMD?

    Is not only EU, South Koreans have same issues with AMD.

    Anyway, this 'silly EU C.' forced mobile phone manufacturers to sell one type of phone charger... like mentioned Koreans have since forever...
    Cheers
    Tomek
    GarageFarm.NET
    The Cheapest Render Farm - 10,000 cores and growing!

    Skype: garage.farm

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Like bullying AMD?

    Is not only EU, South Koreans have same issues with AMD.

    Anyway, this 'silly EU C.' forced mobile phone manufacturers to sell one type of phone charger... like mentioned Koreans have since forever...
    Why don't they force them to do away with the "selling" part altogether... it would certainly benefit EU customers.

  11. #11
    I dont get it...
    Cheers
    Tomek
    GarageFarm.NET
    The Cheapest Render Farm - 10,000 cores and growing!

    Skype: garage.farm

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •