Thread: Help saving overlay

Newbie Member

Help saving overlay

I have created a dove lower third overlay with my Tricater Pro. I brought the picture of the dove into the Edit Media, Controls Tab. I sized the picture, placed into the lower right corner of the screen. I rendered the file as a TriCaster overlay (avi with alpha). It created an *.avi file. How do I create the *.cg file? If I rename it with the .cg extension, I cannot use the graphic in my project. What am I doing wrong.

Richard Martin
    New Creation Church

Is the dove a still image, or an animation?

You can't convert an avi file to a cg file, because avi is an animation/video format, and the cg format only supports still images.

On early model Tricasters, cg templates can only be built from scratch (editing the ASCII code directly in a text editor) but you can alter their text, or load images into them through the Tricaster interface. On newer models, you can build them from scratch using the Edit Text tab.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

"I brought the picture of the dove into the Edit Media, Controls Tab."

"I rendered the file as a TriCaster overlay (avi with alpha). It created an *.avi file. How do I create the *.cg file?"

You need to create CG pages in Edit Text. The process for building the pages is similar, but you will want to export the page as CGs. If you are using TC Pro 2.0, you can use the "export for live" function to create templates from your pages.

Bob Anderson