Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way to go NT marketing.

Way to go NT marketing.

This is how you know the marketing department has done their job.

When even my wife says "Man, I can't wait to find out what that new core thing is today!"

It's nothing to do with marketing. The users of other 3d apps are not discussing the 'mystery', only the regulars on this board (who we can assume are already lightwave owners)

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    Actually it does have to do with marketing. They put on a great viral campaign, and it worked out very well. Kudos to NT.

Quote Originally Posted by geothefaust View Post
    Actually it does have to do with marketing. They put on a great viral campaign, and it worked out very well. Kudos to NT.
    Well.... that is until the broadcast failed for an hour and Newtek, Spinquad, and the core page went down.

Amazing, Absolutely amazing that after 2 years of development and about two weeks worth of major hype the whole things falls apart because of poor planning. If I wasn't such a long time Lightwave user after today I'd never give Lightwave a second thought. Did anyone look at Softimage and how they handled the ICE rollout? A page with info about the features, demo videos. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Amazing, Absolutely amazing that after 2 years of development and about two weeks worth of major hype the whole things falls apart because of poor planning. If I wasn't such a long time Lightwave user after today I'd never give Lightwave a second thought. Did anyone look at Softimage and how they handled the ICE rollout? A page with info about the features, demo videos. Unbelievable.
    Then what, a couple months later and Autodesk bought them out. Which means ICE is now frozen.

Here's a page on core if you missed it: http://www.newtek.com/core/techfaq.php And I wouldn't say the whole thing fell apart. People were mildly inconvenienced at heightened sense of anticipation. We're still getting what appears to be so far an amazing new application.

Mildly inconvenienced? Did anyone on the east coast even see the live feed?
    I stopped waiting after two hours. Was their target audience professionals or just hobbyists that have time to sit around waiting at home?

Couldn't get in, don't know what CORE really is (yeah I read the little diddy about the programming base).

And oh yeah, now they want 400.00 or 500.00 a year....

So far, I feel like I got teased by the girl, who, all along setting me up. That is: I feel P****d off.
    There is something far greater.

Quote Originally Posted by grimoirecg View Post
    It's nothing to do with marketing. The users of other 3d apps are not discussing the 'mystery', only the regulars on this board (who we can assume are already lightwave owners)
    I've been using 3ds Max almost exclusively through the 9.x series, but that will certainly change with this release.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinL View Post
    Couldn't get in, don't know what CORE really is (yeah I read the little diddy about the programming base).

And oh yeah, now they want 400.00 or 500.00 a year....

So far, I feel like I got teased by the girl, who, all along setting me up. That is: I feel P****d off.
    they are just letting us in on what they are doing and making it available for us to get our hands on a whole new LW almost a full year before it's full release. It's not any different than when they sold pre-release seats of v9 before it was ever shipped.

There's more info to come, so let's be a bit patient....nobody is forcing you to spend any $$$ before you know what you're buying. I'm probably going to wait til they start making the CORE builds available, myself.

Nevertheless, I REALLY like what I see thus far.

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar

FAIL

...soooo....was George Lucas standing on a box or was that other guy (Jonas?) standing close to the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by grimoirecg View Post
    Wrong! Go to the Luxology site they have been yapping about it for days.

After the stream failed, I've received a lot of text messages with panic from some colleages .

"Way to go NT marketing."

Are you serious !?! did you see that video ?!
    Who thought of that [email protected]! mix of startreck and lost in space ?!
    how old do they think is their audience, 12 year old ?

I'll buy core and it looks very promising but that video made it look like a joke, it was unprofessional and made lightwave look like 3D for kids
    www.3djml.com - Online Portfolio
    www.ifmm.com - Work

Well if you noticed, I wrote the post before the video came out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast