Page 3 of 715 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek Core?

I was reading the middle word as "Ten" also.

*cue realy camp gay voice*
    ooooh Jay, you are a big tease, aren't you?!
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

ShortsightedSithAssassin
    Well done on the translation/decoding. Just checked my mail and there it is.

Given that I own no other NewTek products, I can only assume this is for an update to LightWave - details on version 10 would be the obvious call.

'Threshold':
    1: the plank, stone, or piece of timber that lies under a door : sill
    2 a: gate , door b (1): end , boundary ; specifically : the end of a runway (2): the place or point of entering or beginning : outset <on the threshold of a new age>

Beginning of anew era maybe? Let's hope so. Let's leave LW 1.0 - 9.6 behind and embark on a new version of Lightwave built for the 21st century!

I wonder if LW will disappear and 'Core' is a new app? A powerful 3D app at the centre onto which you can bolt modules as and when needed: a compositor, sculpting app, 3D painting program, character animator, video editor... Like C4D, but better and less extortionately expensive.

Just a thought...
    Dogs can save your life, but cats will watch you die and then eat you.

CATS: They can't be trusted

Okay they have gotten my interest.

from quarks to voxels mosconariz's Avatar

Talking

I'm decoding it!

It says:

I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars. We are here. We are waiting.

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mole View Post
    I wonder if LW will disappear and 'Core' is a new app? A powerful 3D app at the centre onto which you can bolt modules as and when needed: a compositor, sculpting app, 3D painting program, character animator, video editor... Like C4D, but better and less extortionately expensive.

Just a thought...
    Those are my thoughts exactly!
    I think you are dead on with that. With a name like "Core" it portrays the idea that it'll be everything you need, the "core" of your software solution for 3D.

I also agree with you on the modular style. I also hope that it wont be outrageously priced...

Quote Originally Posted by cbandla View Post
    Maybe the countdown to the sale to Autodesk?
    Gag! Ack! Ugh! And any other written representation of wretching sounds you can think of. I hate the interfaces on Autodesk products as well as the price points. With all it's warts, I'll take the LW interface, just get the tools working right.

Star Wars language

The written language in Star Wars is called "Aurebesh". Just a little geek FYI.

ooh looks like the 3 letter word is 'ten'
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    Cross the threshold, as others said.

Can't wait to see 11 zero's

To combine the best guesses here, and add my own...

February will be the launch of the open beta of LightWave Core. There will be a starter version, free, a student version, for a nominal fee, a freelancer version, similar in capability to 9.6, and a studio version, which will be quite expensive. It will be modular, and to advance to a higher 'version,' you need to purchase more modules.

Okay, now that we have that figured out... [whine]When's version 11 coming out?[/whine]

We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we cannot have both.
    ─Supreme Court Justice Louis D Brandeis

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    less than 13 days left....

So, is it the 16th yet? Ah, thread nostalgia.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

Whatever it means, the last few days have been much more fun than the dark days of Lightwave 8.

Just so long as LWX doesn't try to emulate C4D's ridiculously expensive and impossible to maintain "modular" jigsaw of an app.

Please Newtek, don't lose Lightwave's bang-for-buck all-in-one goodness!!
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangleator View Post
    To combine the best guesses here, and add my own...

February will be the launch of the open beta of LightWave Core. There will be a starter version, free, a student version, for a nominal fee, a freelancer version, similar in capability to 9.6, and a studio version, which will be quite expensive. It will be modular, and to advance to a higher 'version,' you need to purchase more modules.

Okay, now that we have that figured out... [whine]When's version 11 coming out?[/whine]
    I hope that isn't it. I am sure there is something I would need (or thought I needed) in the Studio version that would be too much for my budget right now.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

C'mon people - "cross the threshold"...

I think 'cross' can also be written as 'X' can it not? So this is more like 'X, the threshold' - or put another way "this is where X begins".

I like NT - clever bunch :P But they do deserve a slap
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Page 3 of 715 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast