Thread: Copy Camera Settings Across Various Inputs

Copy Camera Settings Across Various Inputs

When I'm using multiple cameras for a green screen setup, it takes awhile to adjust the various settings on the Tricaster to get the perfect key.

Currently there's no way to copy the settings from one camera across to the others, which means that each camera has to be setup individually which takes a lot longer than it needs to.

Generally if you're using the same model of camera the settings on the Tricaster remain the same across all the cameras, so a 'copy' function would be most helpful.

A copy would no doubt be nice, but even with 2 HVX 200's the adjustments are different.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    A copy would no doubt be nice, but even with 2 HVX 200's the adjustments are different.
    Depending on lighting an camera angles the setting may be different but at lease a copy function would get you in the ball park. An even better solution would be a way to save settings on a project by project bases.

Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub2Dat View Post
    Depending on lighting an camera angles the setting may be different but at lease a copy function would get you in the ball park. An even better solution would be a way to save settings on a project by project bases.
    I fully agree with you. Every time I am keying I think this feature is missing - but I forget to come back to the forum and mention it. I'm glad you have. It seems like a logical function that would save a TriCaster user a lot of time. You should be able to set up keying profiles for each camera and each shoot.
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLock View Post
    W

Generally if you're using the same model of camera the settings on the Tricaster remain the same across all the cameras, so a 'copy' function would be most helpful.
    ...And presets for each input might also be as helpful, though in the real world, one would likely have to tweak a bit still, when recalling them.

That said, Ted makes a valid point, which in effect, is parallel in nature to what I'm suggesting here.

Also, a separate DEFAULT button for each of the inputs, along with the SAVE/RECALL buttons might be a nicety as well.
    Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 01-31-2009 at 11:02 AM.