Thread: Problem with Item Shape transperency

Problem with Item Shape transperency

I'm using Item Shape on some nulls in a character rig, and the problem is this: I'm making the shape a solid cube, with the transperency set to 20%. For some reason, the transperency setting doesn't get saved, so when I close out of lightwave and reopen the scene, the transperencies for all the item shapes go back to 100%. Does this happen for anyone else?

Eric

I've never tried that before - I don't get any transparency at all!
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

If your making the adjustments in Layout, have you remembered to click Save All Object before closing it down.
    Arnie

http://www.technillo.com

Save all objects doesn't apply here. What I'm talking about is this:

Open layout. Create a null, and in the object properties box, look under the geometry tab for the pulldown that says, "Add custom object". In this pulldown, you will find "item shape". It changes the shape of the null from the basic 3d crosshairs to a box, sphere, disk, diamond, or a few other options. There are also options to change the selected color, unselected color, size, etc. At the bottom of the settings pallete, there is an opacity option. When you save the scene, all of these settings are saved except for the opacity setting.

Eric