Thread: Upgrade from 7 to 9

Upgrade from 7 to 9

I currently have LW7 and the old parallel port hardware key. I would like to upgrade to 9 and use a USB key. With the upgrade version, do I have to install 7 and then install 9 over the top or can I just install 9 and be done with it?

The reason I ask is that I'm using Vista x64 and my current version of 7 doesn't work on x64 because the hardware key isn't recognized with the 32bit driver. It would be nice to be able to just install 9 and not have to deal with 7 anymore.

Thanks,
    Mike

There's no need for 7 once you have 9. You just do a fresh install of 9, no previous version on your computer required.

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    I believe that you are correct Megalodon, on all points.

I would contact NT about your upgrade. The customer service people are great.

Nothing ado about much Exception's Avatar
    Yes, I swapped my parallel port dongle for a USB one as well with an upgrade, free of charge...
    And you don't have to worry you will be without a functioning LW copy when you're sending them the Dongle, as you can just run it in the 30-day fully functional demo mode.

Cheers, you're sure to enjoy the power of v9, especially with the upcoming release of 9.5.1 .

Awsome! Thanks to everyone for their quick replies.

I'm looking forward to using the new 9.