Thread: Vue7 Xstream in LW 9.5 video

The Arts are alive in me tonybliss's Avatar

Vue7 Xstream in LW 9.5 video

http://themindgatestudio.net/

link next to under reconstruction notice

shows vue in lw, perfect integration, very stable and animatble vue objects

cgswami,

Have you tried rendering a short animation in LW with Vue?
    I heard that their renders are notorious for flickering.
    I'm wondering if this carries over into native Vue/LW renders since Eon states:

"Upon rendering, xStream kicks-in its own render engine, which works in parallel to the native renderer. This assures that the Vue elements will look exactly as if they were rendered inside Vue, and also helps speeding up the rendering of polygon-heavy elements such as terrains and EcoSystems.

However, this is a completely transparent process. There is no need to deal with the xStream renderer. Parameters such as render resolution and anti-aliasing quality need only to be set for the native renderer. If necessary, you can override these settings easily."

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

From what I'm hearing from the masses that already bought it...

It's still buggy as hell...
    however...

render times have defnitely been increased, depending on your scene, increases of 4x the speed of the last rev are being regularly reported.

Standalone versions once again appear to be solid but not the integrated versions of XStream.

Max reporting trees not rendering at all or being solid...
    OpenGL issues like not seeing ecosystems or plants at all until rendered...
    Poser crashing the systems...

Weirdness is that Mac users aren't reporting as many issues as before...
    but then, they may not still be using it either.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

It should be noted that in the videos, it appears to be running in LW 9.5 64bit...

and not good old 32.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

it works on good old 32 bit ... :P

I have some questions...
    1. Can I turn off the sky? (example I have a scene, and I just want trees).
    2. How about interaction ? Example an lw ball bounce with a tree, eccosystem, or terrain?
    3. vue water interract with lw object? example a ship on the water, and foam around the ship?
    4. How about painting eccosystem on the lw object ?

someone can create short example videos?

1. yes you can turn of atmosphere
    2. yes
    3. not sure .. i think not .. the water only foams on terrains but i am sure it can be rigged to use objects ...
    4. not as yet :P

some ppl dotish here so no more vids from me :P

cheers

It's still having issues...
    enough to stop production pipelines for those who dared to jump in a little too early.

The basics work...very basic.
    Not unlike the first video posted here...
    I'd like to see someone post a video showing that they're using it to it's fullest potential or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

And a workaround has been found for painting ecosystems on lw objects, but E-On has stated that a fix is in the works along with many other that will be released on the next rev.

Just an FYI.
    - Thomas A. Edison

Quote Originally Posted by lwaddict View Post
    render times have defnitely been increased, depending on your scene, increases of 4x the speed of the last rev are being regularly reported.
    Did you mean render speeds increased? On the Vue forums I saw, speed is up or down depending on the scene; but even when up, speed increases are marginal at best, not 4x. Hope folks here are seeing bigger improvements...

Well, it depends...

using a 'similiar' scene, it's much faster.
    But that's with 7 native objects.

When opening a 6 in 7 you get WAIT. LOL.
    But I'm hearing that you need to update your Cornocopia plants, objects, etc.
    - Thomas A. Edison

@ cgswami

Have you installed the latest patch? Does it work?
    They omitted the 9.5 plugin in the patch and or they do a check version of lightwave , so they don't let it run.

Can you confirm this or its working fine on your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by dgrigo View Post
    @ cgswami

Have you installed the latest patch? Does it work?
    They omitted the 9.5 plugin in the patch and or they do a check version of lightwave , so they don't let it run.

Can you confirm this or its working fine on your machine?

Ok found a solution if anyone may experience problems.
    I checked the log files of the installer i found out that eon patcher overwrite the 9.5 plugin after it copy it with the 9 plugin.
    I don't know from where you get the directory names registry or what , but it doesn't matter.
    What i did i made a full copy of the lightwave directory and renamed it to lw9.5 after that installed the realized version by altering the directory of the 9.5 lightwave plugin in the setup requester . (in my rig installer default installs both plugins and overwrite it)
    You can check this by a fresh install if you expand the lightwave brunch on the plugins installer you will see both 9.3 and 9.5 selected.
    then i did the patch and the patch wrote the 9.5 and left it without overwriting it.
    I took after the 9.5 plugin from the duplicated directory and placed it on the normal one and voila.
    Imo they have to name them differently is all, or let us pick on the patcher what we want to install

Hope that makes sense.. and help some people that experience the same problem (64 bit also)