Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pip

Pip

Was wondering if if it was possible, and if so, how to do a PIP for a clock on a scoreboard. What are the limitations Switching, etc. when doing so?

Anyone with any suggestions? That's been the biggest thing that I've had requested on our football broadcasts, is to have a clock on the screen at all times.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

You should be able to do so with a TC 2.0 and TC Studio. I'm no expert with TriCaster, but we do this with LiveSets on our VT5.

We just cropped out a little rectangle and made that a LiveSet on all of our camera inputs. The clock camera runs into the Effects bus of the switcher.

Here is a sample video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLwiiOMKHOU

But remember that if you did this, the clock camera would use one of your inputs on the Tricaster.

Also, you will probably need to preview the camera before you take it so that it can time-sync it so you won't have a glitch on program.

Brian

Thanks Brian, and Brad for asking. I never had the need, so never thought about it...until we were asked about this very thing today.
    Nice to see others who have been there, done that.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Just fyi - in an earlier thread about shooting a game clock in this manner, someone pointed out the problem of the camera being bumped at times. The post linked below might interest those who have Aura or Mirage, as it contains a link to a tool I wrote that will create a brand new 'frame my game clock' LiveSet in about 10 seconds flat. (It has other PiP uses and features too, including optional shadows, soft edges, transparency, borders, etc...)

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=666072
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Steve, you are a major asset to the community! Thanks for all you do!!!
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

But this is ONLY for Aura or Mirage, correct Steve? I did see that thread and didn't think that it would apply to me. I'm running a TCPRO with the 2.0 upgrade. I've got an area designed for it on my scorebar that I created for LIVE Text, just need a clock.

Quote Originally Posted by cameraman91569 View Post
    But this is ONLY for Aura or Mirage, correct Steve?
    I'm not completely sure I correctly understand the question, but to attempt an answer, this little tool does require Aura or Mirage, and the NewTek LiveSet plugin for same. It spits out custom PiP LiveSets for use in TC or VT.

If I missed the point, please tell me ... you mention of LiveText is confusing me a bit.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I am having a hard time tracking down a copy of Aura/Mirage. If anyone has or can make a simple 4x3 split screen please let me know. Or if there is another way to make one myself without Aura/Mirage/Lightwave.

Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	split_screen.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	64972  

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I'm not completely sure I correctly understand the question, but to attempt an answer, this little tool does require Aura or Mirage, and the NewTek LiveSet plugin for same. It spits out custom PiP LiveSets for use in TC or VT.

If I missed the point, please tell me ... you mention of LiveText is confusing me a bit.
    Yes, I don't have Aura or Mirage, that WAS what I was asking.

Thanks,

Brad

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Yeah Newtek needs to either sell Aura stand alone again or bundle it with TC.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

I can't seem to find a copy of the Aura LiveSet Plugin anywhere? I have looked under the "my downloads" area and do not see an Aura section. We have 2 VT5's that both show up as having been registered when I look at "my products".

How did you guys get the Aura LiveSet Plugin to begin with? Am I missing something?

Thanks, Creed

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yaku View Post
    How did you guys get the Aura LiveSet Plugin to begin with? Am I missing something?
    No, Creed, you're not missing what's not there.
    The LiveSet Generator for Aura had been temporarily taken down from the download server. It's still not up, so e-mail me and I will get it to you.

Paul
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lara View Post
    No, Creed, you're not missing what's not there.
    The LiveSet Generator for Aura had been temporarily taken down from the download server. It's still not up, so e-mail me and I will get it to you.

Paul
    Thanks for the help! Now time to go play around with making a pip scoreboard clock!

- Creed

Newbie Member
    [email protected] if you could email me the Aura Live Set generator as well please?

Aura download

I would also like a aura download too for my tricaster pro. thanks [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast