Thread: qttools plugin not in 9.5?

Newbie Member

qttools plugin not in 9.5?

Is anyone else missing the QuickTime plugins for 9.5 windows? I am on a windows XP 64 PC. I tried the Newtek Technical support but they where unable to help. (She had the plugin on her LW 9.5 32 bt PC but could not tell me if it was available on the 64 bit PC) The plugin is present on my Mac UB 9.5 beta. I tried the one from 9.3. Will not load. Help me Obi Wan

Traitor
    quicktime is not available for 64-bit machines.

Talk to Apple, not NT

Newbie Member
    Thanks. for the quick responce. Is there a reason the regular Quicktime program works fine on my 64 bit machine but a Quicktime plugin is unavalable? Just wondering.

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hansen View Post
    Thanks. for the quick responce. Is there a reason the regular Quicktime program works fine on my 64 bit machine but a Quicktime plugin is unavalable? Just wondering.
    Yes, the regular quicktime that is running is the 32-bit version. Which is the only one that Apple provides.
    It would need to be 64-bit to be used from a 64-bit application - you can't mix and match 32-bit and 64-bit binaries.

Cheers,
    Mike

you probably already noticed too the problems with quicktime in browsers like firefox...it has lots of problems in 64 bits
    Intel Core i7-4770 @3.40GHz,GeForce GTX 660 - Ram 8Gb - Win 8.1 64b

I believe you can render out to PNG files, put it in Final Cut or what ever program you're using to edit and export into QT 32 bit. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong? Something's got to animate it.
    Graphic Designer & 3D Textures
    -Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8-core | 3TB HD | 12GB RAM | Dell Ultrasharp 2707 | ATI Radeon HD 5770