Thread: hot, tight, sexy, SPANDEX!

hot, tight, sexy, SPANDEX!

Hi guys,
    Im generating some visualizations for a staging company, they have these big triangles of white spandex and they aim lighting at it to make it look pretty.

What I was wondering is... How would I go about generating spandex? the properties are really tripping me out. Opaque? yet translucent? use transparency? or SSS? Black spandex relfects light but white spandex doesn't? any help would be really appreciated. any reply at all would be appreciated. I don't get many people replying to my threads. Hence the misleading title
    ----------------------------
    Is Radiosity turned on? :)
    ----------------------------

Spam Reported.

(Just kidding)
    Between the eyes and ears there lie the sounds of color and the light of a sigh.

:P heh, That depends on the shot. For a close detailed shot you would want to use a procedural bump then just add a specular with a low gloss. That would give you that slight metallic feel that a petroleum based cloth has.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Newbie Member
    anisotropic specularity comes to mind
    [url]http://www.martin-stankard.com/[/url]

Or Minnaert B
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Do you have any reference photos? Are the bits of spandex front-lit or back-lit?
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!