Thread: A faster way to copy Hypervoxels?

A faster way to copy Hypervoxels?

I have a small scene that has 5 different types of smoke trails (using hypervoxels) in it. Each trail has 2 emitters and 2 winds parented to a null so I can move them where I want them. I need to duplicate these objects multiple times. If I clone the whole thing, then I have to go into the movement options and reparent everything to the newly cloned null, and if I load the whole object from another scene then I have to go into the Hypervoxel properties and load the settings for each emitter and turn them on. Neither option is "the end of the world", but I am looking for a better/ faster workflow. The finished scene will probably have between 50 and 60 copies of these smoke trails. Do you guys have any suggestions or should I just suck it up and start cloning?

Have you tried CloneHierarchy? Should be able to grab the root null only and hit this, it'll duplicate the root and all of it's children. I think they will retain all the settings, including hypervoxels/particles. Worth a try. The button is under 'Items' tab on my LW, but if not you can run a search for it in the hotkey editor.

Evil Bastard Incorporated
    How about using the 'Load from scene' command, then save the scene again and load it again, each time you'll double the number of items in your scene.

I might not be making myself clear but hope you get the idea.
    This little chapter in history is over, ended, finito, no more, an ex chapter.

The problem with load from scene is that (as far as i remember) it won't load the hypervoxel settings with the nulls. When you load from scene, you have the choice to import the hypervoxel plugin master and another hypervoxel, thing, but i seem to remember trying that, and it either gave an error and/or didn't load the settings. (this is if you already have hypervoxels in the scene.)

Quote Originally Posted by 4dartist View Post
    Have you tried CloneHierarchy?
    Just found it and am trying it.

It works like a charm.....thank you very much!!!!
    Last edited by Sonitrolio; 08-08-2008 at 08:34 PM.