Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What a monster Tricaster Studio is !!!!

What a monster Tricaster Studio is !!!!

The big truck in a small box is more than true. Recently I built some circuits and purchased some Baluns and now i have a professional OBU with high quality SVHS signal, tally and talkback with camera persons ( both ways director - operators). All this through a professional CAT 5/6 cable. Nobody would believe this was not a high end professional big TV production truck performance. I am still amazed and still not could not beleive what I have been loosing before purchasing the tricaster. Anybody interested and with the knowhow of building a circuit from may ask for the artworks which i have produced (my copyright). The circuits consist in : 1) Tally relay switching 2) preamp / amp for talkback 3) tally ptt circuit. I had perfect results from over 90 meters between videocamera & switching unit. Any body interested just ask.

I am interested . . . please send me the artwork.

Matt Drabick

I am interested as well. Sounds like a great setup!

Jared Amos

Me tooo!

Please send me a copy.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

I am very interested.

I also own a monster TriCaster Studio, 2 studio/field cameras (composite and svhs) and have been searching for the cabling solution. Please send any info, drawings or suggestions.

Thank you

Tally relay circuit - Panel G

One of the most important factor in multicamera video filming is the TALLY. Attached is the circuit for the six cameras. Description. Tricaster outputs 5v from tally 3.5 socket on front. This is voltage divide by a 5k preset to out put 0.8v which is sent through one pair of twisted wire to camera end. This small voltage is fed to a transistor switch which switches a relay sending 12v to a 12 array LEDs. Later on I post photos of the box which is attached to the camera IDE battery fitting. This box has attached to it a 6inc TFT monitor, talk-back and tally. Hope I will find the time to do photograph them this weekend
    Attached Files Attached Files

Panel G

Note that I am using CAT5 cable to have easy visual track of wiring.

Tally relay circuit at camera end

this is the tally lamp switcher

talkback circuit

This circuit is common to all camera-persons and director. It consists of two parts - A) mic preamp to line level and B) headphones amp. It has a ptt which change over the function from listening to talking. This is a very important factor because it needs only a pair of twisted wire to send and receive.

Studio camera Talk-back PTT box

This small pcb is fitted in a very small plastic case high enough to house exactly the pcb push to make switch. When the ptm switch is pressed, the illuminated led shows camera man is on talk mode. At the same time, it switches on the talkback circuit relay thus connecting videographer's mic to director's speaker. When the ptm switch is release, the videographer's circuit returns to listening mode. Note that no matter how many talkback/cameramen are in the system, as long as only one at a time uses this talk function, everyone can hear.

attachment

this is the Studio camera Talk-back PTT box

Monitoring and output LCD

The setup can be mounted on a unit measuring 30in wide. My outdoor system takes four field cameras. The production unit is made up of: 15" rackmount lcd, Four 4" LCD rackmount unit, the tricaster studio, 4 Kramer DAs, Tally & talkback circuits. Thats all! Assembled and easy to use as ABC.

Hi Timecare, I am very interested on your work, I`ve been looking all over for this, BUT there is always an Error on these files Can you please send me or re- post it

Timecare,
    This has to be the most generous sharing I've seen in quite a long time. Thank you immensely!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast