Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you mac people stand it.

How do you mac people stand it.

How do you mac people stand it?

Why do my buttons in Lightwave consistently stop working? In the Image view after something renders I go to view the last layer and nothing, the button has once again decided to just freeze up. Then I go to save all my objects and all the buttons on the right hand side of lightwave decide they don't want to work either. The program is still working just fine, except for the buttons. they just decide to randomly go on a vacation for ten minutes or so.

And yes I have my hub zipped up and shut off.

Is this that click on another app and then come back and the problem is gone bug?

Haven't had that one in ages. 9.31 ?
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Sometimes I click on another app and then come back and it is better, but sometimes about 60% of the time that still doesn't work. Talking to someone else and they said they have the same problem with Maya, so perhaps it is just a mac thing, further confirming my personal opinion that............ Oh never mind I'll keep it to myself.

How's your asian temple/castle/thingy entry coming along ... you are entering that comp, right?

Oh man, I just got married a month ago, and I honestly haven't touched it since I first got engaged. I really wanted to finish and enter it, but alas, things have changed a bit. I
    ll get around to finishing it hopefully pretty soon, it's on the top of my project list.

(rings, not tricaster icons )

before

then

Pretty much.

I've talked to her about having dedicated lightwave time every week though. Might have a good 5 hour chunk on Saturdays to do my personal projects.

I've talked to her about having dedicated lightwave time every week though. Might have a good 5 hour chunk on Saturdays to do my personal projects.
    I'm fighting that battle now. Getting married in September and just installed LW on her iMac.

DANGER! DANGER!
    Blog

Specs:
    Desktop: Q6600 Quad 2.4 ghz, 8GB, 8800 1Gb, Vista Ultimate x64
    Laptop: Core 2 Duo, 2GB, ATI craptastic video card, XP

and some funny looking Mac's that I don't know much about.

Yeah I would never go back to being single, but......... I do miss lightwave sometimes. Im trying to explain to her this base need I have to create stuff, I have lists of stuff I want to make running around in the back of my head, and not being able to do it is a little nerve racking sometimes.

Registered User BarkingTreefrog's Avatar
    Hey Andy,
    Just wait 'til kids come. I think I get Lightwave time at home maybe an hour a week, if I'm lucky. But like you said, I wouldn't change it for the world. Kids are the greatest (most of the time )

And about the Mac thing, I haven't ever had trouble with the buttons not working. And I have the Hub on. So I don't know what to tell you there.

I try not to think about kids yet. We've got a couple years before we decide to do that.

Anyway...... I guess it's just my lightwave then. It's really driving me nuts though, it kind of comes and goes as well, I have been able to pinpoint when and why it happens.

It's doing it again. Arrrrggggghhhhhh. This is quickly driving me nuts and reminds me why I usually work in windows.

I've learned that if you can create a nice "room" model once in a while with some colors she might like or some nice furniture and say "Here honey, how do you like this? Would you like these colors?" She will then see the benefits of LW and leave you alone a little bit more

It worked for me ... however, the unfortunate bi-product of this is unnecessary arch-viz projects and large furniture purchases.
    Playing guitar is an endless process of running out of fingers.

Hi Andy,

Can you give me a little more info on when this happens, and what the specs are on the system it's happening on?

Thanks,
    -Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjaggy View Post
    Yeah I would never go back to being single, but......... I do miss lightwave sometimes. Im trying to explain to her this base need I have to create stuff, I have lists of stuff I want to make running around in the back of my head, and not being able to do it is a little nerve racking sometimes.
    Better than a base need to be a drunkard and cash your paycheck at the stripper bar. She should be very appreciative!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast