Thread: A Way to Globally Apply Shaders

A Way to Globally Apply Shaders

I'm looking for a plugin or lscript that will apply and remove a shader to all the surfaces of a given object at once. I found something on Flay but it doesn't work past LW8.

TrueArt Support
    I don't know of such generic plugin/script.. But such shader would have to be without interface... Because LWSDK doesn't allow modifing shader/node parameters..

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I don't know of such generic plugin/script.. But such shader would have to be without interface... Because LWSDK doesn't allow modifing shader/node parameters..
    Darn!

TrueArt Support
    Do you tried selecting all surfaces on the left side of Surface Editor and then adding shader? Maybe with multiselected surfaces they are all added... I don't remember..

Well, there was an "add and remove shader" script that existed for FPrime. And even though it was slow it worked!

And adding a shader for more than one surface, by selecting more than one surface doesn't work!
    One more incosistency in LW, sometimes you can change values for several selected items or surfaces, sometimes you can't.

Sorry no help here, just trying to clarify stuff.