Thread: Modeler problems

Modeler problems

I am having some problems with modeler crashing. I am running WindowsXP x64 with all the latest updates, including the updates for my ATI FireGl card.
    This happens in 9.0, 9.3.1. I load an object, switch to another layer and go to add skelegons, when i click the first location, modeler crashes. any ideas? It happens on 32bit and 64 bit versions.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 16 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

ATI has had a reputation for not playing well with LW. If you have a cheep Nvida card laying around or can get one, put it in and see if that solves it.

Also try to delete your LM9 config.

dunno. 9.3.1 crashes when i have a nurb object in back ground and try to
    create anything. i got it to work once by switching the model from nurb to poly and back, but it's not a consistant fix. The only thing I can come to is that the card drivers are screwy..of course, until now i've never had a problem with ati.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

You can also try earlier versions of the drivers. But if it were me, I'd just switch out the card until I found one that worked.

unfortunately, I do not have another card, nor the money to get one.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

That is unfortunate.

Here is a thread or two about problems with that card. They are old, but maybe they will give you some ideas.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/...hp/t-7252.html

http://www.rage3d.com/Board/archive/...-33784742.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/82...iregl-problems

I think i got it working..had to roll back the driver...it seems an error with the atiogl2.dll
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

Stuff
    Can you roll back the video card driver and install the previous version?
    Also reset the settings in Catalyst to default, in case there is something in there messing with you.

I have an ATIX1400 (weak, I know) on a Dell Inspiron and have been whining that they never update the driver. I guess in their infinite wisdom they are protecting me from ATI...?

If you run LW in 32bit mode on the same system do you get the same problem? (i.e. your vid card would still be running the 64-bit driver)

Maybe we should be pointing the finger at the Windows update?
    Andrewstopheles

The only thing you cant roll back easily is catalyst, but thats ok, the old ATI controls install and function...I wonder why they took the application preferences (max, maya, lw, etc..) of catalyist.

The problem happens with 32bit and 64bit lw..I dont have a 32bit windows to install on here.

Could be a problem with windows update, but the crash report cites the atiogl2.dll as the culprit, which is believable. Although, why Modeler crashes and Layout doesnt is beyond me..heh.

I will try reinstalling the new ati drivers after i get my current project done and see if maybe windows had overwritten something by accident..but for now it's working.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube