Thread: jumpin procedurals

jumpin procedurals

I'm doin a render on my small farm, and I"m having a problem with the procedural textures. they're jumpin all over the place. If I render on just the workstation, things are just fine. But the issue is with the distributed renderer, as you can see.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do the computers on the farm have different CPU manufacturers? I seem to remember this affecting how procedurals get calculated. You could always bake them though.
    Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Yeah, most definitely. Also, the computers range in age too. Looks like I may have to abandon the renderfarm for this go round. Yikes!

But then, the thing is.. when I did one test render, the first two frames were different, even tho they came from the same machine, which is my workstation. How does that figure in??

I have heard of this problem many times in rendering across the farm. Have you tried a search for it? I know it has come up before here.

Quote Originally Posted by jimiclaybrooks View Post
    But then, the thing is.. when I did one test render, the first two frames were different, even tho they came from the same machine, which is my workstation. How does that figure in??
    This is a common problem if there's a lot of detail in your scene and your AA level is too low.

There are a few solutions:

- Raise the AA level.
    - Motion blur.
    - If you're using procedurals for bump, make a gradient with a distance to camera.
    - Render bigger size and scale it down afterwards.
    - DOF.
    - ... ?