Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: predictions on modelers feature list

predictions on modelers feature list

i know what i would like to see what what you all think were going to see?

i'm thinking:
    edge weights
    complete set of edge tools (please let edges be in it pleeeaasssee)
    n-gon sub d's
    something like bevel++ included
    maybe some workflow improvemnts and tidy ups
    oh better symetery

not sure what else really

i'd hope that newtek could bring these pluginns into the core such as hypergrove, di2 translate, di2 super shift etc..

would save loading and all lightwave users could benefit, without having to "find" these little gems...

also, i'd like them to a dd a few more primatives like cylinder and beveled cylinder/tube...i know we can make them via the tool but a quick interactive primative would be a nice addition...

steve g
    Last edited by cresshead; 02-10-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

i have those tools myself but they coudl use a little work the make poly for example while it works in symetry mode which is great why not like the original stay in point moe and drop the selected point so you can move on to the next make poly if your haveing to amke afew polys having to first switch back to point mode the deselect is annoying

they good tools but afew of them need some polishing

but either way i would hope for more than afew user made plugs

Please full integration of 'SUDS'. At the moment it's limited to just Autopatcher
    Last edited by riki; 01-31-2009 at 11:24 PM.

EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT EDGE SUPPORT
    V a l t e r . S i l v e i r a
    3D Artist - Editor
    http://valtersilveira3d.blogspot.com

Is this a wish list or that which you think will be in Modeler 8?

How about a paint program working through the hub! Maybe you could use Aura or Photoshop!! Yes it's a wish list.
    Shuttle XPCVista 64 bit /Core2Extreme x9650 3.00GHz 8GB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Cintiq 21UX
    Dell 24" LCD Dell XT2 Tablet /Win 7 32 Bit /Core 2 duo SU9600 1.6 GHz 3GB / Mobil Intel 4500MHD

Not to get your hopes down, but there are a lot more layour changes than modeler changes in this rev of LW8. I still can't quite post the list yet, though - but I don't want anyone to raise their expectations too too high and then be let down. It's a solid number of chanes, but not like Layout.

Exporter of Fine Polygons Psyhke's Avatar
    Answer us this, then (if you will)... Do the prospects of significant upgrades in LW Modeler for 8.x+ look rosy?
    Hey, who likes cupcakes!!?

If you want to see a REALLY cool new modeler tool, go to hurleyworks.com and check out the PatchIt-demo (.avi). It's in the plugin section.

Originally posted by digefxgrp
    If you want to see a REALLY cool new modeler tool, go to hurleyworks.com and check out the PatchIt-demo (.avi). It's in the plugin section.
    Holy Crap Batman!!! That's freakin' amazing! Everyone should check it out, I've never seen anything like it before.

Okay. Consider my Modeler expectations lowered. So Lightwave development took a beating because of the Lux debacle. Totally understandable. Everybody goes through a bad breakup at some point in their life (or maybe just me and Newtek).

I think that if there are production-ready features in 8, like some super-fast smartskin interface for instance (?!), it would be in Newtek's best interest not sit on them. Give them to the users ASAP. I don't whine for features for any reason other than that I want to make my life easier. Please make our lives easier and release what you have.

As for my Modeler predictions:

no need to unweld
    textured wireframe display, among many others
    psuedo edge tools like the EdgeTools already available

I'm on the edge of my seat

No edges? . . .

I won't try to hide my tears. Hopefully we'll get some metanurb UV textures that at least have the potential to not be stretchy? Please? =)

Rich

Originally posted by riki
    Please full integration of 'SUDS'. At the moment it's limited to just Autopatcher
    riki you can sort of do this now by changing your divisions level in the Options panel and then Freezing. Of course it only goes one way.... but you can freeze to 1x, 2x, 3x, etc level of detail.

Some people freeze at level 1 to smooth out their model. Your mileage may vary.

More or less, edge things are solved by free plugins. But I seriously miss the Wire on Textured shading mode...it`s essential for game modelling...And I miss the possiblity for setting some light in modeller...Etc. Oh, and of course...there are problems with symmetry, and vertex normals...

They are my top hopes...
    Jester

Me is me you are you,
    Who is the jackass?
    Me or you?

=( i cant help but feel modeler gets the short end of the stick - ben practically no changes in it at all

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't about the only new thing in it since 7 been magic bevel? - not having sued 6 i dont know but from what i can tell not beena whole lot of changes from even then

i think nt needs to give modeler and layout equal development priority

certainly if lw8 modeler lacks edge weighting and a set of edge tools its really going to get left behind the competition

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast