Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Installation of Windows pre-requisites failed

NLE Pro / New to VT[4/5] VideoBob2000's Avatar
    Ok, well, it looks like you're right.

I most likely have a good copy of Speed Edit -- but unfortunately, I can't install it on the computer intended, because, for some unknown reason, one of the old dependencies that SE wants to use will not install, but the newer one will, but SE won't work under the new ones.

The system specs vary on both systems it fails to install on, and all the requirements are easily met on the systems, and one of them far exceeds the recommended specs.

Any hope of getting a fix for that (so that it will work under 2008 C++ instead of 2005 C++), or should I go ahead and file for a refund?

Any hope of getting a fix for that (so that it will work under 2008 C++ instead of 2005 C++), or should I go ahead and file for a refund?

So I guess you want some Vodoo back. Is this a Vista64? Is this a LapTop? Is it less than 128megs sharred GPU? Did you get an ID by entering/registering the code that should have come up on the other machine you say it installed on? Why not? Did you look for the SE 1.5.1 for Vista in your account? Oh that won't be there until you registar. I can't remember at the moment, can you do a Custom install, un check the SDK box, afaik, as the only reason you need C++? R U feeling Overwhelmed? Don't!

GoodLuck
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Sorry ... I thought the system was spec'd for Windows XP, that's what I'm using on all systems.
    One is a laptop, one's a desktop.
    It's never gotten far enough to ask for an ID because it won't run.
    Tech support walked me through everything they knew of to get the C++ 2005 installed, and it won't run w/o it.
    Yes, a little overwhelmed ... I'm not real comfortable with tech support on a high-end product like SE playing the "it's not our fault" game. Ulead, yes, but not NT.

as i understand you have XP home edition?
    then you may have problem with administrations rights... i am only guessing but if something wont install on one PC and it would on other...then you should chek the user acounts and privilegies.... do you have right to install certain software...try to edit registry and see if it will allow it...
    never used XP home so I cant guide you step by step.

few things that comes to mind...
    make sure you are logged in as administrator
    make sure administrator have a password..(when istaling windows did you enter password) if not... it wont hurt to add one.

goto control panel/administrative tools/computer menagement/event viewer/application

you should see a lot of warnings and errors... read some that have anything to do with installing c++ or speed edit... maybe there is some clue in there.

Quote Originally Posted by IMPERIAL View Post
    as i understand you have XP home edition? ...
    you should see a lot of warnings and errors... read some that have anything to do with installing c++ or speed edit... maybe there is some clue in there.
    Yes, XP home. I'm admin and only user -- full rights.

Yes, twice the C++ 2008 success notice was included, and the only other references were these, each several times (several attempts to install):

==========
    Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\NewTek\SpeedEDIT\RenderTree.Spd. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.
    ==========
    Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
    ==========
    Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system
    ==========
    Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\NewTek\SpeedEDIT\RenderTree.Spd. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.
    ==========
    Application popup: SpeedEDIT.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Do these tell you anything?

Well.. not much... but i am confused... why do you have c++2008 on your pc?
    did it come from an windows update or? if it did..try to find it in add/remover programs and uninstall it....if possible at all.

in windows explorer search for fileaname Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP on your C drive
    i have it in mine and SE is working.. if you dont have it.. then ....

try this if you didnt already......http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    download and try to install....

or
    download virtual PC from microsoft site..its free....(or similar software)....
    install win home on virtualPC and dont update anything...just install chipset drivers....and then try to install speededit.

it wont ruin your windows instalation..its just a good way to experiment if something will work or not.

Yes, tech support sent me to that link, and it failed to install just the same. While there, I saw the newer 2008 update, and installed that, hoping Speed Edit would like that one, but no dice, either.

Virtual PC? Where?

Virtual PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx

check this folder C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS and send a list of whats in there...

Any answers to this problem?

I have exactly the same issue when trying to install my SE on a Windows XP Professiona SP2.

I am unable to continue with the installation beacuse of this.

Newbie Member

Exclamation I'm having same problem

I am having the same problem, got Ver. 1.5 this morning and tried to run the install and get the same problem "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor (NEWTEK??) to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package"

If I press OK then it appears to complete the installation, Installing DirectX runtime .... it extracts the files, Updates my system and Creates Third Party Driver list etc. etc. Ends with Restart Computer which I have done but when I try to run it... won't start..... HELP!!! Maybe Newtek has a problem with the latest Windows updates. YES I have XP Pro Service Pak 2, I use this computer to run my Avid Liquid 7 editor ... no problems running the program

Hi Bob;
    Long time no see.

Sorry to hear that you're having so much of a problem with something that is normally so easy. However, I think that you are correct in that it requires XP Pro and not XP Home.

Here's a long shot; have you tried XP SP3? You can download XP SP3 RC2 from here:
    http://tinyurl.com/6z4s8g

I installed SP3 RC2 on my VT[5] machine and it is running better (especially streaming) and the VT[5] SpeedEDIT is still working. I know it's not exactly the same but it shouldn't hurt. (The official release of XP SP3 is on Tuesday if you want to wait for the official version.)

Can we have a technical position on this from the NewTek team please.

If a VT can run on XP Home, I'm not able to test SE on XP Home. Is it the original XP Home of 5-6 years ago, of the NEW XP Home, installed on NEW 2-4 cores?

1. What is this PC? Celeron?
    2. What is the GPU? OnBoard?
    3. Is this machine updated to NetFrameWorks 2.x?
    4. What is the installer version, 3.0 or 3.1?
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

[email protected]

SE on XP Home?

Quote Originally Posted by jidegold View Post
    Can we have a technical position on this from the NewTek team please.
    Actually, if anyone, not just someone at NewTek, has SE running on XP home, I would be interested in knowing the details of which version, what service packs, constantly updated with auto update or just manual updates. I would be especially interested in knowing if SE run on a fresh install of XP Home with no updates applied. There must be someone other than VideoBob that has tried SE on XP Home.

There must be someone other than VideoBob that has tried SE on XP Home.

I would bet the NEW version of XP Home for NEW hardware to handel SE just fine. The old version, 16/32, would need updated to handle 32/64 + Vista, where the hardware is lesser in min.Newtek specs. As I posted befor, this 4.5 year old SSE machine will not install and run SE. XP Pro SP2+Vista updates, 2.4AMD 64megGPU

More PC info and XP Home version please. Tech support was likely trying to help, but they are there for Newtek products, and minimal OS support.
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

[email protected]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast