View Poll Results: What OS do you use for running LW?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm using Windows

35 68.63%
  • I'm using MacOS

16 31.37%

Thread: windows and mac

Question windows and mac

I was wondering how many Windows and Mac users are using LW?!
    Last edited by 3dworks; 07-21-2003 at 01:49 AM.
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

You might aswell delete this stupid thread (no offence) but if you really are doing a poll, don't limit the options to options that are nothing more than flame bait (how about, the 'both' option? heck, where's the amiga option? )
    I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein
    visit my company site : House of Secrets
    visit my personal site : svenneve.com

LW Watcher
    Yes, this has to be a useless poll.

Originally posted by Red_Oddity
    You might aswell delete this stupid thread (no offence) but if you really are doing a poll, don't limit the options to options that are nothing more than flame bait (how about, the 'both' option? heck, where's the amiga option? )
    People still using Amiga's??

Newbie Member
    Yes, a both option should be added. I'd hate to favor one platform over the other...

People still using Amiga's??
    Every day on every job
    "Special power!"

Andrew G. Morgan ~ CG Gunslinger
    Survivor Films Ltd.
    London, UK
    Click here to email me!

Originally posted by Red_Oddity
    hmm, sorry, i didn't like to start a platform war here... i think we are over this already, no? simply my interest was to find out, if the number of lightwave users using macs (like myself) reflects the same OS proportions of other 'creative' areas. maybe the poll result could be interesting too for plugin developers - still many plugins are not developed for macs, maybe the result of such a poll can give some more marketing orientation.

amiga users? hehe, would like to add this (and the 'both' answer), but it's possible to edit polls only to moderators. so please, if you read this, you may add this please as additional options to the poll?!

best regards

markus
    www.3dworks.com
    Last edited by 3dworks; 07-21-2003 at 08:46 AM.

LW Watcher
    Originally posted by 3dworks
    my interest was to find out, if the number of lightwave users using macs (like myself) reflects the same OS proportions of other 'creative' areas.
    Since only a subset of users will actually read this thread and a smaller subset still will actually contribute to the poll, it's not possible to get anything like an accurate representation.

Who's to say that Amiga LW users won't dominate because they just like to stand up for anything Amiga LW related?

I don't think plugin developers will see this as much use either - they can guage platform interest by other means.

The poll is already skewed because I haven't voted ;-)

Paul

Originally posted by pauland
    Since only a subset of users will actually read this thread and a smaller subset still will actually contribute to the poll, it's not possible to get anything like an accurate representation.
    dear paul, if it would be like this, no polls at all would be ever make sense on this forum... in my opinion it's more about having some fun voting and some more or less interesting feedback, which each one interested can interpret as he/she likes.

so, why not just vote and take it easy?

cheers

markus