Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rendition Beta

Rendition Beta

No response to my emails so I thought I'd try here.
    The order page seems to either be broken or not accepting orders for the Rendition Plugin Beta from Canada.
    I keep getting kicked to a page that magically says I'm from Alabama.

Any help ?

Anyone else having troubles with this?

Sorry, no, but I'm not in Canada.
    Warren Christiansen
    Core i7 3.2Ghz
    12GB Ram
    Windows7 64
    Geoforce GTX285

Thanks

There is a Rendition area in the Forum is perhaps better there. But, yes I have the same problem, am in Germany (although American), and there is not access to it out of the States at the moment. From at least what NT Europe told me.

Really sucks....... Reminds me of the X-Live limitations from Microsoft.

The information that I received recently from Marketing is that initially the product is for sale for US customers. They are working on being able to extend the Open Beta program to customers in other regions. They didn't provide any information on the expected timetable. I took a look at the product page and I'm not sure why, but this info is not covered there. I'll let them know they have some very puzzled folks trying to buy.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Thank you!
    It is very confusing getting an mail invite to participate and then be denied.
    Lets hope it gets solved in me being able to part with more money

I agree, I tried to send some bucks their way but realised I couldn't pick Australia...

Oh well, I will keep my money's for now..

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    The information that I received recently from Marketing is that initially the product is for sale for US customers. They are working on being able to extend the Open Beta program to customers in other regions. They didn't provide any information on the expected timetable. I took a look at the product page and I'm not sure why, but this info is not covered there. I'll let them know they have some very puzzled folks trying to buy.

What NewTek page to I go too, to find out which versions of Adobe Photoshop Rendition works with. Will Rendition work with the really low-end version of Photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagnozzi View Post
    3D actually you can do only with CS3 extended, because adobe offers it ONLY for the Extended
    I know, I've just been to the Adobe site. The total cost for the two programs is $1148.00. Photoshop CS3 extended is $999.00 and Rendition is $149.00. I think I would rather see the composting tools from Photoshop in Lightwave.

Photoshop still is much too expensive to my taste, a combination of Gimp and Paint Shop Pro are sufficient for most use. (and are easier to use)

There has been an "rendition open beta" forum opened, for those who haven't seen it. Would like to try it, but being a cheap Student, I don't own Extended.

Quote Originally Posted by Costanel View Post
    Photoshop still is much too expensive to my taste, a combination of Gimp and Paint Shop Pro are sufficient for most use. (and are easier to use)

There has been an "rendition open beta" forum opened, for those who haven't seen it. Would like to try it, but being a cheap Student, I don't own Extended.
    The problem I'm having is that I don't know enough of what market share CS3 extended is meant for. I think the long time photoshop user will feel slighted for all of the years of photoshop that they have to spend extra for tool sets that they probably feel the should have.

Just for the sake of discussion; lets say that CS3 extended does take off big. Would it not then be in NewTek's best interest to partner e-on's vue Xstream with photoshop CS3 extended and Rendition?

Okay, I've found some more information here about Rendition, and I now have a better idea what Rendition is about and who it is targeted for. So I'm not sure I'm the customer for it because I really don't need the extended version of Photoshop.

I'm a long-time Photoshop user, but an infrequent Photoshop upgrader. New versions seldom contain must-have features so I get along with one several versions old. I still like the amount of 3rd party plugs available and can complete a project very quickly with some of them.

I moved from 7 to CS3 Extended mostly for the video and 3D, but now that Adobe absorbed Macromedia, I may upgrade more often with whatever bundle is offered as I work so much with Dreamweaver and Flash.

MM once offered many significant leaps with each new version, but now that they're under Adobe control, my fear is Adobe will apply their typical minimal amount of effort in offering new features.

Integrating some LW features into PS will be a huge benefit.

And what's with NT *selling* a BETA? Is this something new? Will buyers get free updates to the full gold release?
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

I usually don't upgrade often either. There aren't enough new features in CS3 for me to feel the need to upgrade. I allready have a real 3D program and don't need photoshop to open up 3D objects. Unless of coarse you could paint on them in photoshop, but you can't so it doesn't matter. As soon as Adobe gets their act together and actually makes their software multithreaded and 64bit then I will upgrade.

I was glad to see they finally have a master bundle with all their software in one package. Their bundles and upgrades have been mind numbingly confusing in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast