Thread: Filter > 3D > LightWave Rendition not working

Newbie Member

Filter > 3D > LightWave Rendition not working

I installed Rendition for windows and registered with no problem. Also installed LWOImporter. Following the tutorial for the sports car, I get as far as the select Filter > 3D > LightWave Rendition for Photoshop-This dialog box should appear.:The dialog box never appears. the hourglass shows activity like it's loading the filter then stops. I can load the lwo file, rotate and use all other options.

Newbie Member

I'm having the same problem

I'm having the same problem. The plug in shows up in the PS interface, and I can select it once 3D content is loaded. Upon selecting the filter to render an object, though, the plug in does not load.

Can some one please respond to this? The first post was about three weeks ago!

Have you registered the plug-in?

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (388.13, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

also what mesh(polycount and surfacing) are you loading into photoshop?

system specs is helpfull aswell, 3d in photoshop is quite memory intensive

Newbie Member

Same here.

Running OS X 10.5.2 with all the latest updates. I have registered the plugin via the directions given and entered in a valid key. File opened is the sports car from the tutorial files. The steps to replicate are open the file, and select Filters->3D->Rendition. Nothing comes up. No errors messages, no output to the console, nada. Are there any plans of an update to the beta or anything else I can do to try and use this? As it stands right now, it is completely non functional.

J^2

Ok, could you try loading something realy simple like a cube or a sphere?

Although it sounds like the registration didnt go through there, what does it look like when you open the about box for the plugin?(cant you enter numbers in the 4 feilds or are they already filled in)

if the license isnt stored there try the following:
    type in the 4 sequences, then press the OK button
    after this open the about box again and see if the numbers are there.

And yes we update the plugin as fast as we can, there was an issue with updating the store initialy but that have since been resolved.

Newbie Member

Details

I'm using WindowsXP, all recent updates, in Photoshop CS3. I have tried with a variety of models, including a simple sphere. As noted above, selecting the plug in brings up an hourglass for a very short moment and then nothing happens. The plugin does not load. I have registered the plug in, and the serial number shows up where it should.
    Last edited by tylerste; 05-04-2008 at 12:55 PM.

could you attach a test mesh you are using here(zip it) and Ill have a look at it, just want to remove that issue.

Oh I hope you mean Photoshop CS3 Extended by the way?

Lightwave Rendition for Photoshop will not open

I have the same problem.

I get the message "Could not complete the Lightroom Rendition for Adobe Photoshop command because the selected area is empty".

MacBook with Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended