Thread: 9.5 Registration Problem

9.5 Registration Problem

I just downloaded the Open Beta 9.5 Version of Lightwave. Newtek emailed me my license key and I followed the instructions that were given. I opened up notepad and copy and pasted my license key on the first line. The I saved it out as license.key and put it in my 9.5 Programs Folder. Then I opened up layout and it said you are running in discovery mode. Then I went to "help>enterlicense. I then pasted my license key in the field and it said that I had successfully registered Lightwave 9.5. I restarted Lightwave and when I opened it back up it said "You have 26 days remaining of your temporary license key".

I tried calling Newtek, but they said to post up my question here becuase the guy I was talking to doesn't really know why it wasn't working either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    -Cody-

Old Dog Learns New Tricks RudySchneider's Avatar
    That's what everyone's screen shows when you first open LightWave. The OB will go through several iterations (build numbers) before things are all ironed out. Presumable, there will be a new build available to everyone in the OB program within the next 26 days.
    There are no problems, only opportunities...

Old Dog Learns New Tricks RudySchneider's Avatar
    Oops, double-post...
    Last edited by RudySchneider; 03-27-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Double-post
    There are no problems, only opportunities...

Hey, Thanks Rudy!
    -Cody-

Cody,

Please post questions relating to the open beta in the open beta forums. You can find them at the end of the list of forums available.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (388.13, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Will do from now on BeeVee. Didn't notice the threads down there until I finished posting up my question here. You can gladly move it if you'd like. Thanks
    -Cody-