Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: simultaneous camera input backups !!!!!!!!!

simultaneous camera input backups !!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be the end of the world to have all input cameras backed up too along with the cut version on the tricaster drive? This would be a great help for post production reswitched ! Maybe it is not that far anyway for Newtek to come out with something in the future.

Or am i crazy ?? asking too much !!!!!!

CreatvGnius
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMECARE
    Wouldn't it be the end of the world to have all input cameras backed up too along with the cut version on the tricaster drive? This would be a great help for post production reswitched ! Maybe it is not that far anyway for Newtek to come out with something in the future.

Or am i crazy ?? asking too much !!!!!!
    I don't believe the hardware in the 3 lower-tiered TriCaster™ variants support all those simultaneous full-motion video streams that your suggestion would call for, timecare.

Perhaps you're not aware of the fact that to pull that stunt off, requires a terrific amount of processing power and hardware to support it.

Closest thing I know of, to that which you ask for, is that of Bob Tasa's XtraChannel™ cards working in concert with Bobs6thChannel™ software, which are add-ons for the open system alternative to TriCaster™: NewTek's VideoToaster[2], VT[3], VT[4] and VT[5] solutions.

Each of those cards provides for input of an additional video channel, as well as the capability of direct-to-disk record for that channel, plus a bunch more utterly amazing live switching support features at an attractive price. Find out more at www.bobfx.com
    -PeterG

Did I read my name :-)
    Sorry, I have been very busy. The website is not updated yet. I have been
    holding some things back for the NAB release of multiple products.
    Being a one man/ limited partnership kind of operation with limited budget
    it takes me longer to get my press stuff together. The code and new
    products always comes first.
    Bob
    bobt_at_bobfx_com
    www.bobfx.com
    Bob Tasa

Newbie Member
    Are there any solutions for this? I am interested in entering into the live video production market for sports, and really need this ability, I can't assume I'll only want to see instant replay from whatever feed I happen to have going out to the big screen. I'm still on the hunt for a solid solution to what I want to do, and I thought Tricaster was my solution until realizing that I'm stuck using the "non-live" camera feeds only in post. I'll admit I kind of just assumed this was possible, that I could pick any one of my cameras and rewind from live when necessary. If the Tricaster can't do it, does anyone have other solutions for this type of setup?

Appreciate the help,
    Last edited by JamesClarke; 10-11-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Hi James,
    I'm the NewTek authorized reseller for Kansas and I'll be in the KC area this Wednesday and Thursday if you like to get together and see a TriCaster demo. BTW, you can select which input you want to record for instant replay by using the TimeWarp option. You don't JUST have to record the main mix out.
    Wendell "Wink" Friesen
    Wink Audio Visual
    www.winkav.com

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink View Post
    BTW, you can select which input you want to record for instant replay by using the TimeWarp option. You don't JUST have to record the main mix out.
    Okay, I didn't know that, and that's nice, but I believe the point still remains that you can only record a single item at once, whether it's the main mix or one of your cameras. When it comes time to see instant replay, you're stuck with only whatever you had picked from the beginning and do not have the ability to see one of the other views, correct?

I'm slightly surprised I'm having this hard of a time figuring out how to do this. I mean, the standard DVR box I get from the cable company can record two things at once and rewind either one of them while continuing to record, so I wasn't expecting to have to search this hard for similar capability on a computer, especially something I'm looking at spending 5 or 6 grand on!

I'm at the point where i'm looking into hybrid solutions where I figure out how to hook up two separate capture cards going to two different hard drives on my main computer, and then possibly sending that to the tricaster as the third input, so I have input 1 and 2 on the tricaster as live, then input 3 as my custom controlled instant replay. Granted, I'd have to find software that does the slow-mo, etc stuff for me and I probably loose the ability to use a fancy controller, but at least I can rewind from any camera!

Lastly, I'll send you an email about getting together, I would love to checkout a Tricaster in person.

That's correct. You can just record a selected input or the main mix out. If you want to PM me with your email address, we can discuss a demo and some other thoughts I have on this subject.
    Wendell "Wink" Friesen
    Wink Audio Visual
    www.winkav.com

Newbie Member
    Email sent.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMECARE View Post
    Wouldn't it be the end of the world to have all input cameras backed up too along with the cut version on the tricaster drive?
    Most users utilize a camcorder rather than a camera ... The camcorder itself makes possible an ISO recording for backup purposes.

D. McClaflin
    http://www.mcclaflinmobilemedia.com
    Last edited by Paul Lara; 10-13-2008 at 09:30 AM.

I too have found myself wishing that I had chosen another camera for replay after the play was over. This would be an AWESOME addition, but one that would, I'm sure, take a tremendous amount of RAM and would tax the system to it's limits. Is this something that we could look for in the future???

My old Trinity/GlobeCaster had a utility that when doing a live switch, an EDL was created making for an easy re-edit of the finished file.
    Don't know if this could be implemented, but even if you had to take the cameras ISO feed, it would be a nice adition.
    Sorry Andrew.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    My old Trinity/GlobeCaster had a utility that when doing a live switch, an EDL was created making for an easy re-edit of the finished file.
    Don't know if this could be implemented, but even if you had to take the cameras ISO feed, it would be a nice adition.
    Sorry Andrew.
    What's a GlobeCaster?
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

Txxxxxx/GxxxCxxter is a name that forbidden in NewTek forum for long time ago...... something like "you know who"......
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Quote Originally Posted by csandy View Post
    What's a GlobeCaster?
    You'awnt-know?

Think of it as the successor to the now nearly-extinct dinosaur of a VT like product, that's huge in size, and woefully expensive to configure, since it's heavily hardware-based, and whose tradename had a pseudo-spiritual, "3-in-One" connotation (reportedly due to the combined efforts of 3 groups of individuals); that product's name began with the 20th letter of the alphabet.

Dare I even utter that name?

I shant!
    Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 10-27-2008 at 02:14 AM.

It's ALMOST funny how much anger still comes from the use of the name Trinity/GlobeCaster.
    I gotta admit, the Trinity made me a lot of money for the first several years I owned the business. It took almost a year longer than they said before it was non-linear. As soon as GlobalStreams took it over I saw the handwriting on the wall and invested in my first "Toaster".

Yeh, the old Trinity days. Lots of good and bad times.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast