Thread: 9.3.1 add plugin modeler = crash

9.3.1 add plugin modeler = crash

It seems that when you add LWCAD 2.5 to modeler 9.3.1, and then click on add plugin, modeler crashes. I was wondering if anyone had found a workaround to this problem, or had any advice, etc.
    :lwicon:

Think its a well known and documented bug and a pointless exercise anyway as 9.3.1 auto scans at launch for plugins anyway.

thanks, hopefully 9.5 will address this.

Best bet is to add any plug-ins in Layout, then modify your menu/keyboard settings in Modeler. But yes, the Edit Plug-ins/crash Modeler is a well-know, long standing bug.
    - I don't mean to be flippant or to enrage you or anything, but you're a psychotic man.
    - I know.
    - A very nice psychotic man.
    - Thank you.

Thanks for the workaround, I can live with that. This past year I used alot of Adobe/Maya, so I'm slowly getting back up to speed with LW and the associated quirks.

Newbie Member
    I have a ? when I try to add plug-ins LW doesn't crash for me it just doesn't load the plug-ins. LW gives me an error saying it can't load the plug-ins. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is it LW? Can someone please help

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshg2020
    I have a ? when I try to add plug-ins LW doesn't crash for me it just doesn't load the plug-ins. LW gives me an error saying it can't load the plug-ins. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is it LW? Can someone please help
    Which version of LW? And which plugin (if possible name the complete file name).
    Cheers,
    Mike

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by joshg2020
    You're probably loading 32 bit plug-in to 64 bit LW, or 64 bit plug-in to 32 bit LW. MacUB plug-ins have .plugin extension, but Mac CFM have still .p, so it might be also Mac plug-in.
    LightWave Plugins
    Global Materials for LightWave 2019
    Custom plugin writing. Request a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    You're probably loading 32 bit plug-in to 64 bit LW, or 64 bit plug-in to 32 bit LW. MacUB plug-ins have .plugin extension, but Mac CFM have still .p, so it might be also Mac plug-in.
    I doubt it:
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76891