Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Textures: Complete Formica Collection

Arrow Free Textures: Complete Formica Collection

Formica (www.formica.com) used to have a free CD available of all their laminate and solid surface textures in a higher resolution (A4 @ 72dpi) than on their website.

They only had a limited supply and now that they're all gone, they haven't made any more, which is a shame. I found this out when I contacted them recently to see if there was an updated version.

So, I decided to share this Formica Collection library of textures maps, they're really useful if you do interior work. Most sort of tile, some don't, as they have shading on them, but even so, it's still worth having in your collection.

It doesn't contain their very latest designs, but everything else, including discontinued ones that might still be handy to have around.

Here's the link:

ZIP archive (284.9MB)
    Formica_Collection.zip

Which contains the following libraries:

Abstracts
    - Argo
    - Atlas
    - Dust
    - Elektra
    - Envision
    - Fantasy
    - Genesis
    - Grafix
    - Mistral
    - Paper
    - Pompei
    - Reflection
    - Serigrafica
    - Torun
    - Tuff
    ColorCore
    DecoMetal
    Digital

- Design_a_Laminate
    - Michael_Banks
    Metallics
    Patterns
    Plain_Colours
    Solid_Surfacing
    Stones

- Granite
    - Impression
    - Marble
    - Natural
    Veneers
    Woodgrains
    Woodgrains_Legacy

- Ligna
    - Madera
    - Sylva

Hope you find it useful!

Cheers
    Matt

P.S. The ReadMe file on the CD:

FORMICA IMAGE CD 2006

This CD-ROM contains images of all the laminate designs included on the 2006 web site of Formica Limited.

Each design is provided as a .jpg, in RGB mode optimised for on-screen use at 72ppi. All images except for those in the Michael Banks Digital range are A4 size at this resolution.

Where F- items and K- items both occur within a single Range, all F- items are listed first in numerical order, followed by K- items in numerical order.

The designs shown have been matched as closely as the technology allows, but their representation is subject to the ability of individual users' computer video systems (graphics card and monitor settings) to reproduce accurately the true colours and patterns of each design. Formica Limited recommends that you examine actual laminate samples before specifying, fabricating or installing.

Fast Samples Service:
    Tel: 0191 259 3512
    Fax: 0191 257 9878
    Email: [email protected]

May 2006
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Formica_Collection.jpg 
Views:	2940 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	54569  
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

wow, cheers!

nice freebies always welcomed.

mlon
    lw_chanlum [free shader and node x32] <HERE!>
    lw_chanlum [advanced node x32, x64, ub and osx] <HERE!>

Heffalump
    If the company permits this, making a torrent out of it might be easier on your server
    Inactive.

Wow, that's very cool Matt! It's funny because I was just on the phone with them this week looking for images of a full sheet from their veneer collection. They didn't have texture samples but they sent me a product photo CD with a bunch of interiors with the veneers in use. It did sound like they are in the process of working on a 'designer resource' area on their website. I hope that it might include good res textures as I use their laminates and veneers all the time at work.

Thanks for the post!

ps. so the zip file just has jpgs of the laminates, right? They aren't actual LW texture files? Also, are the textures tillable seamless? Just wondering...

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Looks to be very useful.
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by JeffrySG
    Wow, that's very cool Matt! It's funny because I was just on the phone with them this week looking for images of a full sheet from their veneer collection. They didn't have texture samples but they sent me a product photo CD with a bunch of interiors with the veneers in use. It did sound like they are in the process of working on a 'designer resource' area on their website. I hope that it might include good res textures as I use their laminates and veneers all the time at work.

Thanks for the post!

ps. so the zip file just has jpgs of the laminates, right? They aren't actual LW texture files? Also, are the textures tillable seamless? Just wondering...
    Yeah, I have no idea why they didn't make any more, when I last spoke to them I said just how useful these were to 3D artists!

They are all JPG, A4 @ 72dpi texture maps (except the Michael Banks collection) I don't think they have been editing after scanning to tile perfectly, but as most Formica laminates are designed to tile, most of these do to some degree, the ones that don't either have shading on them or the texture has no natural tiling.

Here's an example of what they are like:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0172.jpg 
Views:	2084 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	54573  

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    If the company permits this, making a torrent out of it might be easier on your server
    I wouldn't even know how to set one up, but yes, it would help! I don't think our site has a usage limit on it, so it should be okay, but might be slow if everyone hits it at once!

Thanks for posting! I'm trying to download while it lasts.
    Does anyone know where to get a decent and and reasonably priced (or perhaps free) collection of hardwood floors?

BTW: I posted this in various forums, so I reckon our server is going to be a bit busy! Sorry about that!

You could make them yourself with Wood Workshop. Or is that not high quality enough?

cheers!

err 4.4k per second...talk about being 'hammered'....ahh well 20+hours to go!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by connerh
    You could make them yourself with Wood Workshop. Or is that not high quality enough?
    I think I tried it in the past but all the sliders scared me away. Maybe I should give it another try.

Great collection, thanks for share.

Ouch, I'm only getting like 7kb a second. Maybe I'll try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by art
    I think I tried it in the past but all the sliders scared me away. Maybe I should give it another try.
    Art,
    Let me know if you need any help with the program. Its free so well worth having around.
    Silk
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast