Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other stock library except TSquid?

Any other stock library except TSquid?

Just looking for several models. I wonder if there's any other web based library apart from TurboSquid which can be recommended. Also how long does it take to set up a PayPal account till being able to order stuff via PayPal? (I guess TS accepts PayPal.

Thanks for any advice!

Thomas

Evermotion and Dosch are excellent but the availability of lwo isn't guaranteed.

Paypal is almost instant from what I remember. It takes a while to get your limit lifted is all.
    portfolio

The Liver is evil and must be punished!

Dosch has always lwo to my knowledge. Just got a new CD (Transport) yesterday and there's lwo, max, 3ds, obj+mtl, c4d, dwg for all objects. And as far as I know that applies to all of their stuff.

mike
    If you are not paying for it, you’re not the customer; you’re the product being sold.

Just read a bit about PayPal and it turns my stomach upside-down to do business with them. Is there another way to order and pay stuff at TS?

cant u use your creditcard? something like mastercard?

i always use that one for online stuff i buy.

mlon
    lw_chanlum [free shader and node x32] <HERE!>
    lw_chanlum [advanced node x32, x64, ub and osx] <HERE!>

Blog Entries
    google has a pay system now... and yeah i dont like using paypal...

I've never had any problems with Paypal but I only use it to accept payment.
    portfolio

The Liver is evil and must be punished!

You can buy via normal national (german) bank transfer at Dosch's.
    Or 'Nachnahme'.
    If you are not paying for it, you’re not the customer; you’re the product being sold.

I had issues years ago with Pay Pal and never use them.

But yes, you can use a credit card with TurboSquid. Once you create an account with them, they can keep the info on record, so buying models can be pretty much a couple-click operation.

There's also 3Dworld.com. The quality of the models there is very wide (from really good to really bad), but the price is pretty low, and they are fine for churning out comps. I can't remember the exact price, but I think it's something like 50 models for $99 bucks or something like that.

Here's a link that I book-marked a while ago which lists some model libraries.

http://www.spacejetters.co.uk/html/3dmodels.html

Oh, another nice little resource for comp models is "500 3D Objects" which you can usually buy in the used department at Amazon.com for twenty bucks or so. These are 3DS objects, but they usually import well. Most are low res, but they're fine for cranking out sketch stuff and concept work for clients.
    Last edited by GATOR; 01-10-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Just bought some stuff from TS. In general the promised textures are missing (at least in 50% of all models), the 3ds stuff doesn't load its textures (apart from the size and scale problems) and even the lwo objects suck. A dart board with 140 layers, on each one a part of the number and the metal lines aren't solid but collapsed polychains (so no volume). I'd like to slap some of the guys who bulit this stuff and having the balls to sell s**t like this for decent money. All in all a big disappointment. Though the bison skull is at least a nice model.

Seufz!

Cheers
    Thomas

Probably was done in MAX and the guy simply converted the Model with any other software... I know because anything done in MAX and then converted on the fly gives this Models with tons of layers.

And this is a MAX world soooo... either get used to this or buy MAX and convert the stuff yourselfs...

Quote Originally Posted by Sil3
    either get used to this or buy MAX and convert the stuff yourselfs...
    Still, you can't buy a model that "says" it's an .lwo but really isn't...you might as well buy a .3ds model and import it yourself. You can't get around the fact that Thomas was ripped off...
    visual effect/mograph artist
    Cinema 4D | Lightwave v9.6 | modo 401 | Maestro 2 | Kray 1.7
    MacBook Pro C2D 3 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M.
    Just bought some stuff from TS. In general the promised textures are missing (at least in 50% of all models), the 3ds stuff doesn't load its textures (apart from the size and scale problems) and even the lwo objects suck. A dart board with 140 layers, on each one a part of the number and the metal lines aren't solid but collapsed polychains (so no volume). I'd like to slap some of the guys who bulit this stuff and having the balls to sell s**t like this for decent money. All in all a big disappointment. Though the bison skull is at least a nice model.

Thomas
    Hi, I've some models in TS, just for the experiment of selling something online. There seems to be no quality control and is up to the seller if the model has all the stuff published. Also the lack of feedback doesn't help me, I don't know have a clue if I'm doing things wrong or right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast