Thread: Sensei : A Christmas Tale

Sensei : A Christmas Tale

You probably know what this is about before you even read it, but picture this :

It's Christmas day, and like most Christmas days in the UK, there's nothing but crap on the telly. So, after watching the dog unwrap his new chew-stick (and the set of four shoes my sister bought him), I gritted my teeth and took the beast for a walk. So then I return home, and having gotten over the embarrasment of walking a dog with shoes, I check the telly one more time and think - sh*t, there's got to be more to life than this.

But then I remembered, I made a request to Sensei a while back, and maybe he's surprised us EasySpline users with an update email on Christmas day or something like that!

No such luck though, can't blame him really. I mean, he's probably watching something really good on the telly, stuffing himself with turkey, and doing one of those funny dances they do in Poland. But now it's coming up to new year, and I'm hoping to see something along the lines of a new years surprise!

What me is wanting is a thingummy ... you know ... a watsit for EasySpline. I want to be able to create two cross-sections and have EasySpline create an 'adjustable' amount of interpolated cross-sections in between - and have them be EasySpline ready.

I'd even buy the entire product again if you wanted, whatever, just please - add it

As for the shoes, you'll all be pleased to know that the dog has regained his street cred (myself included). Having politely explained to my sister that she needed to return them, (either that or the dog get's fat from lack of exercise) and praise the devil - she did

Happy new year in advance to all, and may your LightWave's be fully loaded

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by pumeco
    I'd even buy the entire product again if you wanted, whatever, just please - add it
    Sounds great and good timing because I need badly 75 usd to have another round million dollar..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!
    LightWave Plugins
    Global Materials for LightWave 2019
    Custom plugin writing. Request a quote.

@neverko

I was just about to tell you you're not supposed to laugh. You're all supposed to feel sorry for me, and see that any guy who went through a Christmas like that deserves an update

A cat would never allow such a thing to happen in the first place!

@Sensei

That sounds promising. So, does this mean we can expect this new feature in our mailbox on new years day?

If it does, let me tell you I'll be honoured to make that $75USD donation to your PayPal account - and bring you to 'millionaire' status. Just promise me you won't buy a Lambo' Countach before I get to afford one. If you do, keep quiet about it - I get jealous.

Seriously though, I hope you can do this. I'm not too shabby at modeling in LightWave now I've been playing with it, but this is the most major thing I'm always finding myself wanting more and more.

Cheers

PS: If you do the right thing, I'll even write a happy ending to 'Sensei : A Christmas Tale', and post it right here.
    Now, surely that's gotta make it worth the effort

Bloody hell, Sensei - at least a yes or a no

...suspense'n'all...

I know, I know - that smiley looks camp but it's the only one I could find!

Quote Originally Posted by pumeco
    As for the shoes, you'll all be pleased to know that the dog has regained his street cred (myself included). Having politely explained to my sister that she needed to return them, (either that or the dog get's fat from lack of exercise) and praise the devil - she did
    Sorry to hijack but you reminded me of the yellow safety jacket my mother-in-law bought our small spaniel last year. I had to politely point out that if any errant driver failed to see the 6'5" chap attached to the spaniel by a lead then what hope was there that they'd see the small dog, even if it were lit like the proverbial Blackpool illuminations.

It's still in the bag...I may even have swapped you for your booties...
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

If I were you I'd count myself lucky it was just a jacket! Just wait until she buys it some shoes, that'll really kick yer 'mans best friend' test into gear mate

Hell, I wouldn't mind so much if she bought him something he'd actually use; like a shiny new MP3 player or something like that. The beast already lives like a king anyway, so he'd probably turn his nose up to it and I'd get to use it instead.

No reply means I withdraw my offer.

If anyone knows of a plugin that is capable of this (that can be 'worked' to complement EasySpline), I'd sure appreciate a link to it. Basically, it would need to do what I'm wanting, and be able to do it in Catmull-ROM splines (this would make it compatible).

Cheers.