Thread: Internships

Internships

Hello! Does anyone know of any Lightwave Internship programs in Texas? I'm trying to learn Lightwave very, very fast and I'm a hard worker so if you'd be willing to tell me a place that I could go in Texas (Plano especially) then I would be very, very, grateful.
    Thanks!

With Regards,
    Steven

Internships are generally for College credit, so if you're in college and working on a degree in the Creative field, that would be something to look into. Depends on where you live...find local studios near your, and call them up. Ask them about the prospect.
    However, it's in your best interest to go into one as fully proficient and capable as possible. That way you won't just be "another intern" , but someone who is essentially auditioning for a job there.
    It usually takes a few years to get a good grasp on a given 3D program and relatively proficient with it...don't try to rush things before their time. Do some personal projects...do some pro bono work for a non-profit, to gain a little real world experienceand then put it together in a demo reel. Even if it's just a few projects. Take that to a studio when seeking an internship. Sure, you want to do an internship to gain experience, but having a good deal before you get there turns it a bonafide "Try-Out" for the team, so to speak...while gaining additional experience.
    They aren't interested in people that can model a bit and slap some quick textures on it...those are a dime a dozen. Rather, they are looking for exceptional talent and ability...just like being an athlete itself, doesn't get you on a national championship team or Superbowl team. High school athletes have to work their fannies off in the weight room daily, and in practice...then at the end of their senior year, they have a highlight tape made up...demonstrating their skill.
    BTW, you don't have to bench press 400lbs to be a really good modeler and texture artist...but it helps....with the chicks anyway

Awesome, thanks man, I appreciate that advice.