Thread: A positive Vue experience!

A positive Vue experience!

I've been in contact with some of the support guys at E-On. They have been extremely helpful, the had me send them the scene I am working on and a week later they sent me a special update that was supposed to fix my problem.

The update didn't completely fix it but it did help, so now I can at least get some Vue buffers out of Lightwave while using the perspective camera.

Anyway just thought I would share a positive experience on here

I can at least get some Vue buffers out of Lightwave while using the perspective camera
    Thats promising!

Which buffers are working correctly?
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Good news!
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

My celebration might have been a little premature, all the buffers are working but the vegetation still isn't showing up in them.

Bad news :/
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Try it yourself, according to guy I talked to they were unable to replicate my problem. It's looking like I will just be rendering within in Vue and compositing.

Of coarse there is still the problem of the Vue buffers not having motion blur applied to them.

Instancing anyone?

Well I've finally just decided to render the Vue elements within Vue and the Lightwave elements within Lightwave and composite. If I import the Lightwave geometry into vue and put it in it's own layer I can generate a layer mask to get the alpha that I need. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of Xstream but I am through messing with it. This way I might actually be able to get my project rendered and done.

I know the feeling. Faced with a similar problem I went the other way, imported everything into lightwave, which worked out quicker because the render times required in Vue for a flicker free finish is big!

Good luck

No way I could import everything, not with the 300k instances I have Vue reports the poly count at 18 billion. Of coarse that is bogus, but there you go.

Yikes!

Sounds like the best bet then, although having seen hdinstance v2 in action, I would think that is going to be the way I will do things in future and just use Vue for creating the tree models and landscapes for importing. BTW how is your core 2 quad for general single thread modelling and manipulating?...I'm thinking of getting one

It's decent. For single threaded stuff it isn't anything special, but it is very nice for rendering. For the best possible single threaded performance get one of the newest intel chips and overclock it.

Hi,

The Box at R+H recently made Vue XStream a part of our pipeline. I wasn't on the team using it but I was told that the differences in render times between Vue and the Vue LightWave plug-in was enormous. I seem to recall we also got bizarre results in the apha channels, but this may have been solved since that time. I'll have to check with the guys but, like AndyJaggy, I believe we ended up rendering Vue elements in Vue, LightWave elements in LW, and composting in Fusion.

So, yeah, we were a bit disappointed with the 'XStream' process too. That was several weeks ago though. I'll post a followup after I talk to the guys in the Box who are using Vue and learn what they think about it now.

DRG

Yeah I remember talking to someone there about the issues they were having with Vue.

I am still having major issues with flickering but have recently figured out that it might be a certain type of vegetation I am using. Even cranking the AA almost as high as it will go is still giving me flickering. Although it is almost like it's not flickering, it's more like these different hues of color splotchiness bouncing around the vegetation.

Yeah I remember talking to someone there about the issues they were having with Vue.

I am still having major issues with flickering but have recently figured out that it might be a certain type of vegetation I am using. Even cranking the AA almost as high as it will go is still giving me flickering. Although it is almost like it's not flickering, it's more like these different hues of color splotchiness bouncing around the vegetation.