Thread: LW camera aspect help

LW camera aspect help

I need advice on setting up a camera for a short animation...most of my work is for print and this new project I've decide to take on has me a wee bit stumped

LW has ntsc at 720 x 486 at 0.9 aspect ratio and
    nstc widescreen 720 x 486 at 1.2

however when I view a couple of frames in both formats the images are not in proportion and 1.2 is really tall..if I manually change the aspect ratio to 1.0 then everythign is looks fine

how do I know if using the default aspect ratio for either will produce a normal looking video?

thanks in advance for your help
    Praise The Wave 10

Because it will? You are looking on the images on your monitor, but if you look at them on a video monitor they will look fine.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee
    Because it will? You are looking on the images on your monitor, but if you look at them on a video monitor they will look fine.

B
    thanks for the info..guess I'll need to burn a few frames to dvd and check it out
    Praise The Wave 10

That's something that I would like Lw to do. Show the renders with aspect correction in the image viewer. It does it in the render status window.

anothe issue soemone may clarify for me..what is de-interlace an ddo I need to apply this? before I send to the client for post processing?
    Praise The Wave 10

A Video Frame (NTSC or PAL) consists of 2 fields, the odd and the even.
    NTSC frame consists of 60 fields, PAL consists of 50 fields.

Fields are more visible when there is fast motion on the footage and this causes flickering.

Deinterlace simply eliminates the one of the two fields (either the odd or the even) or interpolates the result in order to eliminate the visible flicker.

DONT apply deinterlace on non-videosize footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Panikos
    A Video Frame (NTSC or PAL) consists of 2 fields, the odd and the even.
    NTSC frame consists of 60 fields, PAL consists of 50 fields.

Fields are more visible when there is fast motion on the footage and this causes flickering.

Deinterlace simply eliminates the one of the two fields (either the odd or the even) or interpolates the result in order to eliminate the visible flicker.

DONT apply deinterlace on non-videosize footage.
    thanks for the tip..so to be clear..when I render the final sequnce (6 second)
    I'll be using NTSC (widescreeen) I should leave the default settign sin tact correct?

Once it's rendered I will be sendign over to clients for final complilation onto their project.
    Praise The Wave 10