Thread: Good animation compiler sought.

Good animation compiler sought.

I have just purchased a new computer and now find that the program I used to use, JASC's Animation Shop that came with Paintshoppro, does not seem to work well with Vista. I would be interested to what programs others use.

I'm still messing about with the supplied example scenes and some from old Amiga CDs. Rightly or wrongly; I prefer to render scenes in .TGA format and then compile them in to an AVI file.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dave.

It's usually smart to output animations to frames. You can use LightWave itself to encode your individual frames to AVI-animation - just load your frames to LightWave as a image sequence, then use that sequence as a backdrop and finally render to AVI. You can even do some light post processing in Image Editor for your frame sequence.
    Riding the LightWave with Commodore 64, MOS [email protected],985MHz and 64kB's of RAM and Videopac G7000, Intel [email protected] MHz with 192 bytes of RAM

Nothing ado about much Exception's Avatar
    VirtualDub is a great toolkit for AVI's. It does everything you would want in simple avi editing, like clipping a movie, changing codeds, changing size, fielding, adding or changing sound, some filters and is very fast. It's definately free and small so give it a go.

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exception
    VirtualDub is a great toolkit for AVI's.
    Quoted for agreement. One of those "swiss army knife" type tools you should always have available.
    http://www.virtualdub.org is the link btw.

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Exception
    VirtualDub is ... very fast.
    Yep, very fast - just scrubbing through the timeline is at least 10 times faster than, for example, After Effects with 720p video.
    Riding the LightWave with Commodore 64, MOS [email protected],985MHz and 64kB's of RAM and Videopac G7000, Intel [email protected] MHz with 192 bytes of RAM