Thread: How to Save Settings for SkyTracer2?

Newbie Member

Question How to Save Settings for SkyTracer2?

Hello -

Is there a good way to save my settings for SkyTracer2, so that I could use those settings again in a different scene? I tried the Preset Shelf, but could not figure out any way to use it with SkyTracer2. Thanks.

Hi,

In the SkyTracer panel you can save your settings by using the Save Settings button. In your new SkyTracer scene, just open SkyTracer and click the Load Settings button to load the settings saved from the original scene.

You could also use Load From Scene to bring in SkyTracer from another scene. This feature is broken in 9.3, but you can use 9.2 for this task, and switch back to 9.3 afterwards. Just select Load From Scene and load the scene that has SkyTracer with your preferred settings. You'll need to toggle open Scene>Pixel Filter Plugin and then check SkyTracer from the LFS dialog.

As for using the Presets window, I'm a little surprised that SkyTracer doesn't support this feature but it would be nice to see in a future update.

DRG

Newbie Member
    Thanks very much. I found the Save Settings button in SkyTracer. There does not seem to be anything similar in SkyTracer2, however.

I've started to use an extra scene to hold a collection of my SkyTracer2 settings.

I wonder if it would be possible to write a plug-in that would make SkyTracer2 interact with the Preset Shelf? I don't know much about writing plug-ins, but I hope to learn more someday.

Hi,

Sorry, my mistake...I didn't realize that Skytracer2 was different from the Skytracer in the Pixel Filter panel. However, I do have an answer for you.

Launch Skytracer2 and then open the Presets window and open Viper to preview your Skytracer2 settings. When you find a setting you like, simply click the Add Preset button in Viper. This will add the current Skytracer2 settings to the currently selected Library in the Presets window.

Hope this helps.

DRG