Thread: Make hairguides transparant on same layer?

Make hairguides transparant on same layer?

Can this be done? I dont see them when I render, but I do when sasquatch has finnished - are they sas artifacts?

I know that using 2 layers and checking unseen by camera is the normal method, but with characters with longer hair, it seems that when bending the head, the wig deforms in unexpected ways compared to the body, maybe not noticable in all axis, but in one or 2 - unless my method is wrong - in which case - how to do?

Put them into a separate layer and turn on object dissolve or try making the root and hair surfaces completely transparent. In a separate layer you can try making the polygon size 0 for them as well.
    You can fix unwanted deformations in the hair guides by using extra bones, weight maps, or parent the hair guides to the head bone rather then relying on bone deformations.

Thanks Larry - it worked

I have in the past dropped wigs under the neck bone, as well as using the bones panel, but then things went awry with pivot points I guess - so I'd wanted to have the wig on the same layer -

Here I have the wig on layer 2 as suggested, when the wig deformed fine with the bones, I thought I'll just check rotatations on the main object, and the wig went its own way - I dropped the wig under the main object, and all seems fine

So I guess now the pivots are matched - if I get any other problems, I suppose I'll have to deal with different configurations for different scenes - think I'm getting the hang of it!

Thanks again - I dont thnk I'd have tried that again if you hadn't posted