Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vue6 Anitailasing Question

Quote Originally Posted by kfinla
    Hmm.. all these Vue threads are very interesting.. I've been very close to buying several times and have played with the v.5 and 6 PLE's. Now that there is a 6.5 xtream version for OSX (UB).. this great but I think mac support is even worse than the PC side. If thats possible from what ppl are saying. I will keep watching these threads and hoping version 7 resolves some things before dropping a grand on it.
    It's a lot of money to spend on software that doesn't work On a positive note I have been rather impressed with the Hypervue network rendering. It works pretty flawlessly and is really easy to setup and use. The render cows are pretty cheap to purchase as well. I think 25 nodes are only like 200 or 300 bucks. Of coarse beware this is my first impression of it.................... Things with Vue tend to change once you start to use them seriously.

Self-Employed and HAPPY!! tommymamn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kfinla
    I will keep watching these threads and hoping version 7 resolves some things before dropping a grand on it.
    That's e-on's problem. They keep cranking out new versions without ever fixing the bugs of the last version. After buying Vue 5 Infinite, which was just released, they began touting the release of Vue 6. My guess is that if you wait for version 7, it will be just as buggy and slow.

Tom
    If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there...

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjaggy
    Wildr3D - Have you had a chance to play around with the multipass rendering in LW? I am wonder if it is just me having problems. I can't get anything to show up with the perspective camera and the ones generated with the classic camera seem pretty rough.
    I'll be getting to that soon, right now just trying to find out why png files are not working. This is a real problem cause we use pngs for almost all texture files.

Found another problem. The multipasses do not get motion blur applied to them!!!!! So you have this awesome render with motion blur and then all it's buffers and passes with none.

Just hear from E-on. Motion blur is not applied to passes.

Brilliant. Guess you have to do it in post.. real smart motion blur perhaps.. can u get pixel velocity out of Vue?

Ken, did you by any chance try to replace the PNG texture? I just tried, and it works OK with the first PNG texture; but won't recognize if I then change it (keeps using the first one).

I tested on xStream 6.5/LW 9.3, both 64 bit on Vista 64 bit.

I asked about the render settings for AA to the guy who did the showreel used. The main thing was to set the levels at min 6 max 35 and threshold 95

I sadly haven't had a chance to test this out yet as my workstation died. If anyone does have a go, I would be interested to see the results
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

The best I have found for flickering is to set the AA to user. Then load the superior preset. Then set the advanced effects back down to 46% and crank up the min and max values in the AA settings a little bit, or until you stop getting flickering.

This gave pretty good results except for when the camera wasn't moving much there was some dancing stuff in the details. Other then that the results were good.

Of coarse this only works when rendering inside of Vue when rendering in LW you have to start worrying about how the LW AA is effecting everything.

And no I don't think you get pixel velocity from Vue

Is there any way to get the moderators to make this a STICKY VUE thread? These threads come up often enough it would be good to have one sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhar
    Ken, did you by any chance try to replace the PNG texture? I just tried, and it works OK with the first PNG texture; but won't recognize if I then change it (keeps using the first one).
    I just reprocessed the pngs through InfranView, I don't remember how the original png files were made, but this seems to fix the issues.

Vue working great for me

Hi!

Vue xstream is working very well for us.
    Especially version 6.5.

Vue support team, allways answered my question and tried to helped me out.
    To bad for E-on that other people dont have the same experience
    Switching quality settings inside lw works very well, same as antialiasing.
    We use perspective camera alot. And I have compared render time
    and quality rendered from lw against only vue. And they are almost the same.
    Maybe 1-2 sec slower in lw. The render quality looks the same.

We use 64 bit lw 9.3 running on quad amd processor. Using 16 thread for render.

Dont know it this is any help, but for us it is a very good tool combined with lightwave.

Quote Originally Posted by tenek
    Are you referring to the Vue settings (the Options panel inside LW) or LW settings? Could you share some examples with different AA settings?

Also: do volumetrics work? E.g., can you get Vue moon to render right in LW? (Looks like Vue calls the glow around the moon lens flare.)

Quote Originally Posted by tenek
    Hi!

Vue xstream is working very well for us.
    Especially version 6.5.

Vue support team, allways answered my question and tried to helped me out.
    To bad for E-on that other people dont have the same experience
    We use perspective camera alot. And I have compared render time
    and quality rendered from lw against only vue. And they are almost the same.
    Maybe 1-2 sec slower in lw. The render quality looks the same.

We use 64 bit lw 9.3 running on quad amd processor. Using 16 thread for render.
    Well as you can tell from our posts, we our not getting the results that you seem to get. My main question would be about antialiasing, if your moving the camera through a Vue scene how are you dealing with antialiasing, no matter what we have tried we see crawling pixels in our renders. Also rendering a Vue scene in Lightwave results in very long render times vs the same render in Vue. If possible could you please post a quicktime of some animation?

One more thing, we cannot get Vue to render a alpha value of 0. We composite most of the things we render in 3D and would need the ability to do this without making a separate color image colored solid black and white.

Anything you can share would help out.

Ok, just to give an example of the render time difference between just Vue and xstream, I simply made a cherry tree object on the default ground plane and loaded the Angel Hair atmosphere:

Vue - 640x480 final mode - 3'29"

LWxstream - 640x480 no AA - 6'27"

Running LW 9.3 32 bit, Dual Xeon 3.60 GHz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast